Repositioning Cruise Malaga-UK

Did anyone on here do the re-positioning cruise from Malaga to Newcastle this year (think it was on Celebration)?

We are going to book Malaga-Southampton on 6th May next year and just looking for any tips.

Thank you.

W enjoyed the Celebration repositioning cruise to Newcastle, A lot of the ports visited needed a shuttle bus to get into town though and Thomson charged £5 a head for the bus. We did our own thing in each port and enjoyed them. We are away in Cornwall at the moment and I haven't got my notes with me, but the ship, food and cabin etc were fine. The weather was good apart from a downpour in Lisbon. Is there anything specific you were wanting to know about?

Gill

W enjoyed the Celebration repositioning cruise to Newcastle, A lot of the ports visited needed a shuttle bus to get into town though and Thomson charged £5 a head for the bus. We did our own thing in each port and enjoyed them. We are away in Cornwall at the moment and I haven't got my notes with me, but the ship, food and cabin etc were fine. The weather was good apart from a downpour in Lisbon. Is there anything specific you were wanting to know about?

Gill

Thank you Gill! Basically it was distance/access from ports to centres so you have answered my query - don't mind paying for shuttle buses if we have budgeted for them in advance. The cruise next year is on Discovery which, if as good as Discovery 2, will be great. Hoping to book in the next few days. Have a great time in Cornwall. Thanks again for your help.

Did anyone on here do the re-positioning cruise from Malaga to Newcastle this year (think it was on Celebration)?

We are going to book Malaga-Southampton on 6th May next year and just looking for any tips.

Thank you.

Might be worth holding on Campolady. This year's Repo went drastically down in price during April.

See http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2483692

Depends if you fancy a gamble I suppose.

Regards,

Malc.

Might be worth holding on Campolady. This year's Repo went drastically down in price during April.

See http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2483692

Depends if you fancy a gamble I suppose.

Regards,

Malc.

Thanks Malc. We want a specific cabin to suit my husbands medical needs so waiting to the last minute isn't an option. We are very happy with the price quoted so have just booked for 6th May next year.

PS it's also going to have 2 disembarkations so covering more cruisers as this year some wouldn't have wanted to travel to Newcastle

But capacity for c600 more passengers than Celebration.

An interesting one to watch!

Malc.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

I was on the celebration the onboard information regarding port shuttles was poor. The one in Bilbao at £5 was a bargain! the Port/city one in Le Havre €4 was good value as it was a bit of a hike to the town ( Thomson Port talk person said we couldnt walk off!!) but many did.

The shuttle ticket was good for the day on the local bus maybe the tram and the funicular. The one in Portimao was also £5 which we thought expensive - it was a nice walk though guess it depends on your mobility.

We would have liked to do it again but are booked on another cruise at that time.

Whilst the price did drop dramatically on the celebration I believe the dropped price was without the drinks package so if you wanted the drinks it was almost the same? - Not a problem on the Discoveries

as drinks package will not come into play.