YC1 on Seaside

mafig

In your opinion is Deck 16 prefereable to 18 for the YC1 suites?

Many of these suites have a triangle (full sofa) and square (pull down). If you were to book one of these and are only two people, is there a chance you would be moved? (I wouldn't ask on another line, but I seem to recall reading of people being moved w/o their consent).

Also, what website lists all the suites available?

We've booked two cruises on Seaside in 2018, both in YC1 rooms on deck 16. The first cruise will be just my DH and me, and I was only offered rooms that sleep 2 to choose from. Our DD will be with us on the second cruise, and for that one I was offered only rooms that sleep 3. I chose deck 16 for both since I wasn't sure exactly what was happening on deck 18.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've booked two cruises on Seaside in 2018, both in YC1 rooms on deck 16. The first cruise will be just my DH and me, and I was only offered rooms that sleep 2 to choose from. Our DD will be with us on the second cruise, and for that one I was offered only rooms that sleep 3. I chose deck 16 for both since I wasn't sure exactly what was happening on deck 18.

Meant to say that I wasn't sure what was happening on deck 19!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't think there's a bad location within the Yacht Club. However I do think there is a chance you will be moved if a 3+ cabin is needed. Also, would you rather be closer to the lounge, or the restaurant and one flight up to the One Pool Bar/Deck? We chose 16.

Yep, we had to add a 5th person to our booking to get more than just a 'double sofa bed'. It's very frustrating, since other cruise lines will let you book any available cabin, as long as you don't *exceed* the max guests. MSC seems to be much pickier.

This being said, the cost of 'adding' a guest to a room is *very* low... Just saying...

It's not that we purposely chose a 4 person suite, it's all that's being offered.:(

Well if there are no 2-person suites available they can't move you to one! But with the current $99 deposit special there may be a lot of people booking that end up canceling. I seriously would not mind being moved within the YC. The exception is we have 3 cabins booked side-by-side on a cruise in 2018. I would be mad if one of those are moved. I booked directly with MSC and made sure the ressies are linked together.

Out of curiosity, have you tried a mock booking online to see what the availability is (that is you can get the website to work ;p)?

Out of curiosity, have you tried a mock booking online to see what the availability is (that is you can get the website to work ;p)?

Yes, I have. For the sailings that I'm looking at all that comes up are suites with the little triangle and square.;)