Has this ever happened to you?

snoflak01

So we had such a great time on our first cruise that we booked another while still on the ship. Common Right? So now I think I want to upgrade my suite 8 months later but still well before the cruise. I am told that there was a price increase and the increase includes economy flights. I have no problem with the increased cost of the cruise. Here is the problem: I discover that because we plan to travel both before and after the cruise to use those 'included flights' would cost extra. We don't live in any of the gateway cities so we would of course have to get to the gateway and pay the upgrade cost. When I did my sums I discovered much better routing and flight costs outside the cruise. (No surprise, right?)So I asked what is the cost of a cabin upgrade without the flight. No response for 3 weeks and then I am told that the flight costs cannot be separated and that at present there is no other credit offered. The cruiseline is Silversea. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

So we had such a great time on our first cruise that we booked another while still on the ship. Common Right? So now I think I want to upgrade my suite 8 months later but still well before the cruise. I am told that there was a price increase and the increase includes economy flights. I have no problem with the increased cost of the cruise. Here is the problem: I discover that because we plan to travel both before and after the cruise to use those 'included flights' would cost extra. We don't live in any of the gateway cities so we would of course have to get to the gateway and pay the upgrade cost. When I did my sums I discovered much better routing and flight costs outside the cruise. (No surprise, right?)So I asked what is the cost of a cabin upgrade without the flight. No response for 3 weeks and then I am told that the flight costs cannot be separated and that at present there is no other credit offered. The cruiseline is Silversea. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Welcome to CC. You may want to also post your question on the Silversea Forum as you may get more reply's to your Cruise line specific question. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=183

Edited by davekathy

Sorry yo hear that you actually booked a flight with the cruise. It would have been a better deal if you would have booked your cruise and than waited for s good price on your flight. I do not know what you can do now. You could have had a better routing if you did it on your own. The cost of the cruise of course is more because the flight was added. Perhaps you can talk to the cruise line and see if you can get a refund for the flight or be upgraded. Check and see what the upgrade would cost and go from there. Good luck! I hope this works for you. Doing your homework before the cruise would have helped you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure if you are in USA or Europe. But here is US if you use some of the cruise air programs you do have to pay a deviation fee plus difference in airfare if you want to make any changes to flights. I think booking "flight included" is more common in Europe than in US?