Parking at Port Miami

MrsKate

Is there discounted parking with a handicap tag? Are reservations taken or recommended?

Unfortunately, no discounted parking except for vehicles with specialized equipment- then parking is free.

From the Miami Port's website:

In accordance with Florida Statute 316.1964, ONLY vehicles with specialized equipment such as ramps, lifts, foot or hand controls, for use by a person with a disability, or any vehicle that is displaying the “DV” license plate issued under s. 320.084 or the Florida Toll Exemption permit, is exempt from parking charges.

I couldn't find anywhere on their website to make reservations or pre-pay.

Parking at the port is like at the airport. You get a ticket & pay when you leave. Only discounts are from off port parking. They range $8-10 per day. Some lots are covered, some not. All offer free shuttle to/from ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We parked there for 2 weeks in March. It was right across the street. A short walk. It was not hard to park and then walk with our suitcases to the MSC terminal. I checked about making reservations, but they do not take them. We paid with a credit card when we left. Claudia

Since you mentioned a handicapped tag... as you circle around to come to the terminal, the ship will be on your right and parking garages on your left. There will be porter stationed along the right curb so you can pull over and drop your luggage, and perhaps a passenger with mobility issues.