South Pacific from sydney

swesty

November is considered the wet season in the South Pacific, although it is early on in the season and the chance of sunny days is still high. It is humid though. August is the dry season so higher chance of sunny days, low humidity but the temperatures are only going to be mid to high 20's and it may be cool the first couple of days at sea until you reach the tropical climate, and coming back to Sydney.

We did a SP cruise in mid December, stopping in Noumea, Vila, Lifou, Isle if Pines and Mystery Island. We had perfect weather (although humid) in noumea, Lifou and Isle of Pines, a quick downpour in the afternoon in Vila after a mostly sunny day and torrential rain at Mystery Island, we didn't get off the ship that day.

I wouldn't hesitate in cruising the SP late in the year, I haven't done it in August though so can't compare what they were like.

I can only speak for Tahiti, Rarotonga (Cook Islands) and Tonga's main island Tongatapu. August is their 'winter'. During three different trips over the years, the seas were calm and the weather was dry, perfect! However, Rarotonga is so far south that it might even be cool when a southerly is blowing. Tongatapu was even cooler at night. It just meant that I had to put a shirt over my t-shirt.