Watching Euro 2016 football onboard QM2

Hello everybody,

I'll be traveling onboard QM2 July 6th to July 13th on QM2 and I was wondering if I will be able to watch live Euro 2016 football games. I believe there will be semi-finals and final during this week. Does anybody know if games will shown live on the boat (at bars)? I remember last summer, during the rugby World Cup, we could follow live games from UK teams (but no other European teams like France, which really was upsetting). Does anybody know for Euro 2016?

Thanks a lot!

Hello everybody,

I'll be traveling onboard QM2 July 6th to July 13th on QM2 and I was wondering if I will be able to watch live Euro 2016 football games. I believe there will be semi-finals and final during this week. Does anybody know if games will shown live on the boat (at bars)? I remember last summer, during the rugby World Cup, we could follow live games from UK teams (but no other European teams like France, which really was upsetting). Does anybody know for Euro 2016?

Thanks a lot!

You can usually catch the football matches at the Golden Lion Pub.

Jonathan

Hello everybody,

Thanks a lot!

I don't know anything about those sports, but I'm pretty sure QM2 isn't a boat. Call her a ship or better yet, an ocean liner - but never a boat. (Just didn't want you to be caught short on board should you use that description.) :) -S.

True enough- even though with a twinkle of the eye- the QM2 is never to be called a " boat " ! Traveling on her is never a " Cruise " - heaven forbid- it is to bee called a Voyage!

I am sure they cover the games nicley- not that I care the least- I am joining the boa... ähehem- the Liner in New York at July 6th also- up to Hamburg! Can´t wait!

I don't know anything about those sports, but I'm pretty sure QM2 isn't a boat. Call her a ship or better yet, an ocean liner - but never a boat. (Just didn't want you to be caught short on board should you use that description.) :) -S.

Just to say, caught short must have a different meaning in American English:).

In the UK, caught short means to be in an (urgent) need of a 'bathroom' at an inopertune moment ;)

Edited by turnip eater

thank you very much - I had no idea of the alternative meaning! :o

I apologize.

Salacia

Nothing to apologise for. :)

It's just the interesting quirks of different usage of the 'same' language. :D

Can be quite entertaining at times.

Edited by turnip eater

Nothing to apologise for. :)

It's just the interesting quirks of different usage of the 'same' language. :D

Can be quite entertaining at times.

Thanks.

Yes, language quirks are interesting and entertaining.

Here's a headline from The Telegraph published hours ago:

"Russia 'caught out' using incendiary weapons in Syria by its own channel Russia Today" http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/22/russia-caught-out-using-incediary-weapons-in-report-by-own-chann/

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/english/catch-someone-out

Edited by Salacia

Ah! 'Caught out' yes cricket or found out! Thankfully not 'caught short'. The mind boggles.:eek:

:eek:Yikes, I really need to pay more attention to sports. Until then I should avoid sports metaphors completely <--- sounds like a plan!

:)

Ah! 'Caught out' yes cricket or found out! Thankfully not 'caught short'. The mind boggles.:eek:

Just off to Southampton this morning to board QE...early start.

Turnip eater, hope you have a very enjoyable holiday. Bon Voyage!

Regards,

Salacia

Turnip eater, hope you have a very enjoyable holiday. Bon Voyage!

Regards,

Salacia

Thank you, so excited....all three Queens are departing from Southampton today.....:)

To get back on topic, sort of.......footie should be on the telly on board.

I'll let you all know!

Edited by turnip eater

Now on board QE, can confirm that the Euro 2016 and Wimbledon are available to view in the Golden Lion pub and in the staterooms,( plus in the Queens Grill

Lounge on request )

:)

Excellent! I have a soccer mad teen who is looking forward to the final whilst we are the ship doing the transatlantic voyage.

:p

Excellent! I have a soccer mad teen who is looking forward to the final whilst we are the ship doing the transatlantic voyage.

:p

For the big events like a final if you are lucky they may show it in Illuminations on the big screen. I've watched the Champions League final in there. Given the common perception of football fans, it was a little incongruous seeing everyone sitting there in our finest formal evening wear, there was even a polite round of applause at the end!

M-AR