OB suite

fudge

When we've taken OB our suite number has been allocated somewhere between 14 and 3 days before embarkation.

I've read here of people getting their suite allocations at the port eheck-in, but as I say that hasn't happened to us.

Can you see your reservation in the My Seabourn area of the Seabourn.com? Also when you look at the availability for your cruise, what is showing? Full or still selling?

Thanks for your reply, I cannot see where to find how full the ship is?

I've just had a look at general availability on the website, as if I was going to book a cruise.

If it's Odyssey 7 days eastern Med, it's showing full. In that case I'd say they're working on the allocations currently. I'd expect your suite number to appear later today or tomorrow, bearing in mind they're in Seattle so 8 hours behind me in the UK and 10 behind you in Cyprus.

If it's Quest Route of the Vikings it's showing still suites to sell, so it could take a bit longer to get an allocation.

I've studied this process in depth - I have no life ;):D - and there's not much rhyme or reason as I can see in how/when allocations take place but once the ship shows full that's usually when the suite numbers start to show.

The latest we've waited was a 7 day cruise a couple of years ago. The cruise departed on a Monday and the allocation came p on the Saturday morning before.

Edited by Nigella

Suggest that you have your TA check with Seabourn since you are so close to sailing. Also as suggested, just login into your online Seabourn account, click on your reservation and look for your suite number, it will either say OB or provide a suite number if it has been assigned. I was on the Sojourn 3 weeks ago and received my suite 2 weeks to the day of embarkation. We were assigned 730. Great location other than the screaming kids two doors up!

Enjoy your cruise

Hi Everyone,

We finally have our suite 810, looks very nice, has anyone stayed on deck 8, would love to hear your views, the colour of the suite looks different on the deck plan but it looks the same as the others, very excited now.

I've stayed on decks 5-8, and deck 8 is my least favorite. The main problem for me is having to walk through the pool deck to get to front of the ship. In my case, I had to deal with cold, windy and wet weather on the Antarctic journey. The alternative route was going down to decks 5-7 and walking across to the front and back up to deck 8 and then backtrack to my suite. Not a huge deal, and it didn't diminish my cruise experience, but still a constant hassle for a 24-day journey.

This is not a problem in the Mediterranean in the summer, so you should be OK.

Edited by sfvoyage

We were just on deck 8 in a connector and loved being so close to the pool and colonnade ... Didn't mind walking through the pool area at all. Several pool deck activities were convenient and it was quiet.

Have a great trip!

Thank you we will. At this time of year there will be no problem walking through there.

We only live 1 hr 15minutes plane ride from Istanbul, so a short hop for us.

The weather in Cyprus yesterday was 49 degrees C so we are used to the heat, looks like we are close to the bar more good news. :D