Hendricks and other alcohol requests

I just received a response from corporate that I feel may be helpful to some posters:

"The list you shared for the Explorer butler requests is the current complimentary list. Ultimately, we have selected the most requested brands to be on our standard inclusion list. Other premium brands of spirits may be requested in advance of the cruise and will be offered complimentary when possible. All other spirits not listed on the complimentary list should be considered as a request-only and may require an additional charge.

Hendricks is offered complimentary if requested early enough. Early enough depends on where the ship is located, Asia voyages require 90 days advance notice, South America/Europe requires 60 days and Caribbean is only 30 days prior. There could be additional shipping fees passed on to the guest if it falls inside of these timelines.

The issue that came up on CruiseCritic would have been charged additionally only if it was a close-in voyage request and not because it was for Hendricks. I asked the team if they recall this particular request and they responded that there was a recent from another guest that had questioned this same issue from CruiseCritic and they were also advised there was no charge for Hendricks if it was requested early enough. Our team was surprised to learn that this was somehow confused as an additional cost of $160+. I am not sure how this was misunderstood or misinterpreted but it does not seem to be an accurate cost associated with this item request."

Thanks for the information! I guess I need to get my request in asap. I have found a liquor store about 15 minutes from my hotel in Lisbon so I might pick up an extra bottle. It is a 24 day cruise...

I just received a response from corporate that I feel may be helpful to some posters:

"The list you shared for the Explorer butler requests is the current complimentary list. Ultimately, we have selected the most requested brands to be on our standard inclusion list. Other premium brands of spirits may be requested in advance of the cruise and will be offered complimentary when possible. All other spirits not listed on the complimentary list should be considered as a request-only and may require an additional charge.

Hendricks is offered complimentary if requested early enough. Early enough depends on where the ship is located, Asia voyages require 90 days advance notice, South America/Europe requires 60 days and Caribbean is only 30 days prior. There could be additional shipping fees passed on to the guest if it falls inside of these timelines.

The issue that came up on CruiseCritic would have been charged additionally only if it was a close-in voyage request and not because it was for Hendricks. I asked the team if they recall this particular request and they responded that there was a recent from another guest that had questioned this same issue from CruiseCritic and they were also advised there was no charge for Hendricks if it was requested early enough. Our team was surprised to learn that this was somehow confused as an additional cost of $160+. I am not sure how this was misunderstood or misinterpreted but it does not seem to be an accurate cost associated with this item request."

1) if corporate was aware that information being shared on CC was indeed incorrect, why did they not take the opportunity to join the discussion and respond to the OP directly?

2) who actually provided this response -

3) why is this information not provided to all Regent cruisers and not only those who read CC. Again, one of my pet peeves - the corporate office neglects to provide useful information unless asked - unless of course they do not want their passengers to know that other liquors can be ordered.

gnomie :)

I do not give my sources without permission from them. It is the honorable thing to do IMO. I am providing this information to be helpful -- if someone chooses not to believe it - no problem.

Another opinion (not directed at anyone in particular)...... have you read the Regent boards? IMO, no one in their right mind would want to enter into some of these threads (I suppose that means me as well:eek:). There is no answer that Regent could give that would be satisfactory. It would be argued indefinitely. Despite my opinion, there have been times when a simple response was put forth on Cruise Critic from Frank Del Rio, Messrs. Kamlani and Conroy (when they were President of Regent) and Mike Moore from IT -- they do respond when they choose to.

Anyone can contact corporate and report back to Cruise Critic. "Z" reported back the fact that he will receive Hendricks onboard the Explorer next year (guess he gave enough notice:-) Hopefully we can be appreciative of the information and, if there are further questions, can contact corporate.

Edited by Travelcat2

Way to go TC2! You got us a response. Thank you.

Thecleave: You know how to prioritize. Well done.

All others cruising on 6 SEP 15 or 16 NOV 16: Recommend, you get your orders in ASAP. If you don't like Hendrick's, don't worry about it, because I know a couple of folks that will speed drink it for yous.:D

Z and TB

I sent an email last week to Regent to find out if there would be an extra charge for Knob Creek and to have some wheat beer for our cruise next April but have not heard anything back from them.

The best way to get answers is through your TA. TA's who regularly book Regent cruises have a contact person that can find answers for you. You can also call Regent directly. If the customer service representative does not know an answer, ask to speak with a supervisor.

The question about special order alcohol was not mine ... other posters have asked. So, while emailing someone I know at Regent (that works in a totally different area) I asked the question and he researched it for me. I told him that posters on CC were unsure how requests are handled. I was quite surprised by the response. We find the alcohol on board meets our requirements so we have never made a special request.

If I knew who the best "answer person" at Regent was, and had permission to post their email, I certainly would share the information:)

Edited by Travelcat2