Taxi or Uber cost from Honolulu airport to port

lbfluffy

I checked UBER estimate and from the car rental location to the port was much cheaper then from the airport to the port. Check UBER estimate to see the price that might help

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I went through discount car rental and they gave me thrifty rental. They are sending me to the airport. I'll check to see if there are closer agencies.

I went through discount car rental and they gave me thrifty rental. They are sending me to the airport. I'll check to see if there are closer agencies.

Enterprise ( for one ) has nearby Waikiki locations which will pick you up at the port. There are probably other companies with Waikiki locations as well. Much more convenient, faster and cheaper than a taxi to the airport, but the problem may be your desire for a late return of the car. The latest return time I saw on the Enterprise website was quite early, around 5:00 I think. I'd talk directly to the agency location about the possibility of after hours drop off. You'd have to taxi back to the ship, but from anywhere in Waikiki you are not far.

I don't know what you have planned for the evening prior to your planned 10:00 pm drop off, and maybe you actually require a car 'till 10:00, but if those plans will take you into Waikiki, a 5:00 pm car drop off is actually not a problem. You can get pretty much anywhere by foot or the Bus. Luau companies offer pick up at many Waikiki locations. A luau, or dinner with live music along Waikiki Beach does not sound like a bad way to end the day before a taxi back to the ship.

Enterprise ( for one ) has nearby Waikiki locations which will pick you up at the port. There are probably other companies with Waikiki locations as well. Much more convenient, faster and cheaper than a taxi to the airport, but the problem may be your desire for a late return of the car. The latest return time I saw on the Enterprise website was quite early, around 5:00 I think. I'd talk directly to the agency location about the possibility of after hours drop off. You'd have to taxi back to the ship, but from anywhere in Waikiki you are not far.

I don't know what you have planned for the evening prior to your planned 10:00 pm drop off, and maybe you actually require a car 'till 10:00, but if those plans will take you into Waikiki, a 5:00 pm car drop off is actually not a problem. You can get pretty much anywhere by foot or the Bus. Luau companies offer pick up at many Waikiki locations. A luau, or dinner with live music along Waikiki Beach does not sound like a bad way to end the day before a taxi back to the ship.

That is exactly our plan, a Luau. That is why I wanted a late drop off. However if I drop off at the Waikiki area then transportation to a luau sounds like a great idea.

I'm still researching Luau's. A lot of planning.