Pacific Jewel dining options

First time with P&O Aus. Dark Mofo June 13.

Every other cruise I've taken I've been able to to arrange which sitting I want, arrange a table for 2 and organise bedding arrangements. Not, it seems, on this one as I can't find anything on the website to help me.

I'd really appreciate any advice or info. from past PJ passengers - I don't want to board the ship frustrated with the arrangements!

Many thanks in advance....:)

The Pacific Jewel has anytime dining but our experience was that we booked a dinner time of 8.30 which we needed to book each night for the next night but after 2 or 3 days they asked if we wanted that time every night which we did and had the same time and table after that.

Thanks, but with due respect, that answers one of my questions, but none of the others. Also, when I search for 'gratuities' on the P&O website, it tells me nothing! Can't believe they don't hit one up!

No tipping is expected on P & O Australia, they work on a different wage system here, same as Carnival & Princess in Australia but feel free to tip if you wish.

For bedding arrangements see your cabin steward.

I think the best thing you can do is give P & O a call as they can answer all your questions.

Once you embark head to the dining room to discuss booking a table for the duration of the cruise.

There is no ability to pick the bedding configuration past your booking preference, so if your booking confirmation says something different to what you want then you will need to give them a call to change. If it isn't right it will take the room steward just a few minutes to correct it.

No need for gratuities, tipping is not expected or the norm.

Cruise control has the ability to add shore tours, book packages, buy water etc. However this is limited to I think 75 days before the cruise. It will tell you the date when you log in.

Yes they do, although they can be very close to the tables next door. On my last cruise we were sat at a table for four but it was assigned just to us. Discuss your preference to eat alone when making the booking and they will do their best to accommodate you.