No AC Power Ports Next to Beds?

soxfan2013

I may have been missing something but then only AC power ports in our Aqua room on Summit I could find were across the room from our bed, next to the desk/mirror.

You are correct. In the past we have had to run an extension cord (provided by the cruise line) from the desk to the bed to accommodate my wife's POC. For safety purposes the cord, where exposed, has to be duct taped to the carpet or avoid any tripping. Looks ugly but a must do. Using any other tape, e.i. masking, does not work. The tape has to be heavy duty.

Soxfan2013, don't know how many cruises you have been on but most lines have the outlets at the desk, not next to the bed. I've been on Celebrity, Princess, Royal Caribbean, Regent and they all have pretty much the same set-up in most cabins.

On M-class ships (like the Summit), the bedside table lamp is plugged under the bed. You can unplug it to plug your own appliance; I use it for my CPAP. However, you need an adaptor for European type outlet.

On S-Class ships, the bedside lamp is a wall fixture and there is no outlet available on the bed wall; if you need an electrical appliance next to your bed, ask an extension cord to your room attendant.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by vivi9909

No plugs in the bathrooms on M-Class ships.

Not true. There is a plug for an electric razor which we use to plug in out electric toothbrush. Maybe i need to qualify this as we have only stayed in Suites or Penthouse. Maybe there are none in the standard cabins.

Edited by Phxazzcruisers

On S-Class ships, the bedside lamp is a wall fixture and there is no outlet available on the bed wall; if you need an electrical appliance next to your bed, ask an extension cord to your room attendant.

Enjoy your cruise.

Has anyone tied to use one of these, unscrew the bulb, screw this in?

41oUnnQaeXL._AA160_.jpg

Not true. There is a plug for an electric razor which we use to plug in out electric toothbrush. Maybe i need to qualify this as we have only stayed in Suites or Penthouse. Maybe there are none in the standard cabins.

LOL, Phxazzcruisers!!!

There are plenty of outlets in Celebrity Suites and PH Suites (never sailed in a Royal or Sky Suite so far.)