Blount Magical Lake Michigan July 2013

BayStateguppy

• 1 year later...

I have been interested in Lake cruising for a number of years and one of these days will book one of them. We are Michigan born and bred and just love Lake Michigan. We have a summer place on the lake near Manistee which is sometimes a port of call. One stormy late night I looked out my window and saw one of the tiny cruise ships in close to shore and really struggling in the wind and waves. I was really worried about it actually because there are sand bars quite a ways out and a few years ago one of the sail boats from the Chicago to Mackinac race sunk trying to make safe harbor in Portage Lake just a mile north of us. Now that I know they only 8 feet under the water I will worry less.

Thank you for this review, even 2 years later it is valuable. I hope you went on that second cruise and the weather was better.

I will be subscribing to this thread so that I can find it easily again in the future.

Thank you, BayStateguppy, We are going on this cruise on 7/24 so your review was well-timed. Hope our weather is better. Really looking forward to it. I heard they have bicycles on board. True? Is there a charge to use them or complimentary?

Thank you, BayStateguppy, We are going on this cruise on 7/24 so your review was well-timed. Hope our weather is better. Really looking forward to it. I heard they have bicycles on board. True? Is there a charge to use them or complimentary?

They generally do have them. I just took a quick look at the brochure and there is a bicycle icon shown for your cruise. To the best of my knowledge there are bicycles on board. IIRC, the charge is something like $10-20 per day. I'd suggest a quick call to the office (1-800-566-7450) to verify the details.

Roy