Concierge on Gem

murfette

Concierge on Gem sailing on 3/9 will be Elvina. I maybe spelling that wrong. I spoke to onboard concierge today who looked up the name for me.

Thanks. Anyone have feedback on Elvira? This is my 20th cruise but don't think we have ever had her as a concierge. Some are great others not so much especially with dining reservations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First time in Haven on 3/19 and we got our letter today saying if we need anything to call Concierge before we board. Never been this extravagant before.... what things would we call about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You really don't need to call ahead. I have found it hit or miss anyway on requesting things in advance. Your butler will handle requests for your room and the concierge takes care of things outside your room such as dining reservations in speciality restaurants. Booking shore excursions etc.

I usually pre book most thinks on NCL site but occasionally we want to switch a dining time or date.

Thanks. Anyone have feedback on Elvira? This is my 20th cruise but don't think we have ever had her as a concierge. Some are great others not so much especially with dining reservations.

We had her a couple of years ago, I think on the Pearl. We usually don't need a lot of help from the concierge but she was very attentive checking on us frequently. We found her to be delightful.

First time in Haven on 3/19 and we got our letter today saying if we need anything to call Concierge before we board. Never been this extravagant before.... what things would we call about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As murfette stated, it can be hit or miss with the requests for coffee, pillows, empty the mini-bar or extra towels. We've used them to rearrange reservations. They pass the information to onboard concierge to change or make reservations that are no longer available online. You can call them for anything you might normally call customer service. Enjoy the Haven!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had her a couple of years ago, I think on the Pearl. We usually don't need a lot of help from the concierge but she was very attentive checking on us frequently. We found her to be delightful.

Thank you! I did not have personal experience with her!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had Elvina on the Pearl a couple of years ago. She was great! She stopped by our suite in the haven the first evening to check on us. When I told her my husbands suitcase hadn't been delivered yet, she took down the description and it appeared shortly after. She went around to all of the tables at breakfast and checked on everyone. Seems like she was all over the ship because we were constantly seeing her. We're hoping she'll still be on the Gem next year when we sail.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

we had Patrick on our New Year's sailing. He had major attitude, and we rarely used him.

Interesting. We had him mid-Dec and had no issues. He was quieter than the previous time we had him but he handled the 3 requests we had no problems.

I do see how YMMV as we've had a concierge a lot of people rave about and our thoughts were she really should not be in that position.

ETA he was filling in for Elvina who was on vacation until late Jan.

Just off the Gem on February 17th. Concierge is Elvina De Meneses. Elvina is one of the most efficient concierges that I have ever had. this lady doesn't skip a beat and is always on top of her game. Always available and ready to serve. I'm not sure if she sleeps at all. You will love her!!