Sailing on Star next month: couple questions

witchegirl

I've been on several 7-day cruises, but this will be my first long cruise (20 days).

Wondering how things work on longer cruises? Do the shows repeat after the first week?

On the Star, are there any good, relatively quiet outdoor spaces with tables (rather than loungers) to sit and read, have lunch, etc., that aren't by the pool? (I do have a balcony; just like to be out and about, too)

Any other insight on longer cruises? Thanks!

It's a single 20-day cruise, Dubai to Venice, not a back to back.

I'll be on the same Dubai to Venice cruise.

Did a 20 day cruise last year on the Norwegian Sun to South America.

The shows did not repeat. The trivia games and contests did not asks the same questions.

In the lounges, the performers only has so much material, so you may hear a popular song more than once during the cruise, but not the same set.

In the main dining room, the dinner menu seems to repeat after about ten days.

This will be my first cruise on the Star, so don't have any tips about that ship. Overall, I do prefer the smaller ships in the Norwegian fleet, but enjoy the greater variety of entertainment on the larger ones.

We were on the Star from Rome to Dubai to Singapore, 21 days each leg. While the shows were very similar within the legs, there are only so many resident performers, they were certainly repeated on the second leg. You may well see the same performer 4 times.

The smokers have a few tables by 5o'Clock and above the outside part of the buffet. The only outside seating I remember was the outside portion of the buffet.