Royal Princess Cabin Change - To Move or Not to Move?

Gidget424

We're currently booked on the Royal Princess in a Deluxe Balcony cabin with an unobstructed view on the Emerald Deck,deck 8, room E204 cat DF on Oct 11, 2017 sailing to the mediterranean. I've been known to suffer from seasickness and this is only my 2nd cruise. I'm wondering if this cabin will be ok or is best to change cabins to section DC (cabins E210-E224) without losing our unobstructed view? Would this move to the slightly more mid ship make a difference and even worth the change for potential seasickness prevention?

Both are still more forward than mid locations, but 224 would be the furthest mid. That may improve the up and down motion somewhat, but in rough seas it likely won't make that much of a difference. If seasickness is a concern, the lower and more mid deck locations would be best to improve that. Also be aware that side to side / rolling motion will be felt the same everywhere, but that is the motion addressed by the stabilizers to minimize it.

Only you can be the judge as to how affected you would be by the ship's motion and whether or not you should relocate your stateroom. But as mentioned, if the move is only a few staterooms mid it won't make an appreciable difference IMO.