Regent Suite Waiting List

Hello everyone,

A friend and I are cruising on the Regent Explorer mid March, booked in a Concierge Suite. All the other suites were waitlisted above that and we did the same for any other suite Penthouse and above.

My cruise buddy just became disabled and is getting worse quickly. She needs a scooter (so a bigger suite) and other help (like the Butler) so we're desperate to upgrade from Concierge. We have our agent calling virtually daily, which hasn't helped. Does anyone have any ideas that help to get prioritized on the waitlist?

Appreciate any thoughts.

My thoughts go out to your friend. Unfortunately, to my knowledge, it is not possible to get a priority on the waiting list based on disability. I believe that people that make a deposit receive a higher spot on the waiting list than those that do not make a deposit. Your TA or Regent should be able to tell you how many people are on the waiting list. Whether it clears or not depends upon how long it is until the final payment is due.

There may be more wheelchair accessible suites but I know that Concierge "D" suites on deck 8 (822 and 823) are wheelchair accessible.

Have you considered the Voyager or Mariner? Their upper suites are spacious and quite lovely.

Working through your TA is usually the best way to go...BUT...if your TA isn't overly familiar with Regent it can't hurt to call Regent directly and explain your situation. Assuming you're on the R-T Miami sailing on the 16th, everything is booked in PH and above (with the exception of the Regent Suite, which is *ahem* a BIT pricey). If you're in a financial position to move up to the named suites (Master, Grand, Explorer, Seven Seas) I'd think that might open some options.

That said, unless her scooter is a big scooter, a Concierge suite would probably still work. They're fairly good sized from what I've seen. Might be a bit tight, but you could possibly have the cabin steward remove a chair from the desk and park underneath that.

Good luck either way, and I hope you and your friend get to sail in March.