Beware of this cabin

smarks

I just spent 3 weeks on the Magic. Did the Christmas, New Years and then an extra week due to weather. I booked the 3rd week while still on the ship. There were only a couple of cabins left. I was told there was one available on the Lido Deck, so I jumped on it, then asked where it was. After a while I had forgot about the location not being shown. It was booked and I was happy UNTIL I saw where it was. It was the room from hell. It was cabin 10289 right inside the doors leading out to the pool area. I felt like I was out in the middle of the Lido during their parties. I put in ear plugs and still heard the boom boom boom. I'm a night owl and noise doesn't usually bother me but that room should not be sold. It was horrible. I always check out my cabins before I book but this being a last minute booking, that's what I got. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. Unless you want to party in your cabin, avoid this one.

Thank you for the heads up, wish there was a cabin review website. I know you can simply google search your ship and cabin #, but if you don't see anything your kind of banking on the theory of "no news is good news". Would be cool in that cruiselinerooms site had a review section in addition to the photos.

Thanks for the info! I got nervous even before I seen where the cabin was, lol. We're booked on The Magic for a Christmas cruise as well this year , first time at Christmas being way and can not wait! How was your cruise? And also how did you enjoy the Magic? She looks like a beauty of a ship.

Thanks for the info! I got nervous even before I seen where the cabin was, lol. We're booked on The Magic for a Christmas cruise as well this year , first time at Christmas being way and can not wait! How was your cruise? And also how did you enjoy the Magic? She looks like a beauty of a ship.

I enjoyed the Christmas cruise very much. Lots of kids but most were well behaved. Free champagne as we boarded the ship which was a nice touch. They had trays of it everywhere and would hand you two at a time. I was on the Lido deck cabin 10260. Very nice balcony cabin. Quiet and good cabin stewards. The ship is beautiful. I really liked the CD Swartz. Some didn't but I found him to be fun and everywhere. Would always speak. I saw 3 new shows I haven't ever seen. They were really good. Flick, 88 keys and a rock and roll show were all good. The comedians were good also. Whit I didn't like was the American Table. To few choices & deserts were limited. Hot Chocolate machines were down a lot. But those are just minor details. You will love your cruise. Just stay away from 10289. I forgot to mention that the hallway from the deck above is over the bed. It sounded like a heard of horses running through there. There is some type of metal under some carpet that when the kids ran across it, it would wake the dead. Happy Sailing.

I just spent 3 weeks on the Magic. Did the Christmas, New Years and then an extra week due to weather. I booked the 3rd week while still on the ship. There were only a couple of cabins left. I was told there was one available on the Lido Deck, so I jumped on it, then asked where it was. After a while I had forgot about the location not being shown. It was booked and I was happy UNTIL I saw where it was. It was the room from hell. It was cabin 10289 right inside the doors leading out to the pool area. I felt like I was out in the middle of the Lido during their parties. I put in ear plugs and still heard the boom boom boom. I'm a night owl and noise doesn't usually bother me but that room should not be sold. It was horrible. I always check out my cabins before I book but this being a last minute booking, that's what I got. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. Unless you want to party in your cabin, avoid this one.

Those deck parties don't last that long.There is a warning of the noise if you looked at the deck plans.

Edited by riclop

Lido deck is a great location, but you need to pick cabins that are at least 3-4 cabins forward from the elevators. We were very happy with our Lido cabins on the Conquest a few years ago. Anything from the elevator towards the pool will get a lot of noisy traffic. The only thing forward from the elevators are cabins, so not much foot traffic other than your neighbors.

I enjoyed the Christmas cruise very much. Lots of kids but most were well behaved. Free champagne as we boarded the ship which was a nice touch. They had trays of it everywhere and would hand you two at a time. I was on the Lido deck cabin 10260. Very nice balcony cabin. Quiet and good cabin stewards. The ship is beautiful. I really liked the CD Swartz. Some didn't but I found him to be fun and everywhere. Would always speak. I saw 3 new shows I haven't ever seen. They were really good. Flick, 88 keys and a rock and roll show were all good. The comedians were good also. Whit I didn't like was the American Table. To few choices & deserts were limited. Hot Chocolate machines were down a lot. But those are just minor details. You will love your cruise. Just stay away from 10289. I forgot to mention that the hallway from the deck above is over the bed. It sounded like a heard of horses running through there. There is some type of metal under some carpet that when the kids ran across it, it would wake the dead. Happy Sailing.

Great to know!. We weren't Big fans of the American Table either but I figured, I'm not cooking or cleaning so I wont complain, lol. We are also on deck 9 in front of ship, cabins above and under us so I think we'll be good. Funny thing is when we were booking this I almost booked the cabin next to yours. glad I didn't! But once again thank you so much for the info! Now we wait!

We just got off the Dream. We had the balcony right behind the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar for the 3rd cruise in a row. Its our favorite place to be. Incredibly quiet and incredibly convenient! Although we are probably never in our room during the deck parties, but they only last about 30 minutes anyway.

Those deck parties don't last that long.There is a warning of the noise if you looked at the deck plans.

I did say in my post that I was already on the ship when I decided to stay another week because of weather back home. I booked this room on Fri. and was originally set to disembark on the following day. Only 2 cabins left when I booked. If I had been planning on this week for a cruise I would have done my homework. I am trying to help out here. No need for snarky remarks.