WW Here I come AGAIN!!!

Set to go

Diane I love your idea of sharing recipes. It helps to keep the diet going when you find new exciting healthy things to make. Here is one I'm making this weekend that I found.

WW Cannoli cups.... Spray muffin pan, put won ton wraps in mini muffin pan then bake them at 375 for 3 mins.

Mix 1 15 ounce container fat free ricotta cheese, 3 packs of splenda, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and 3 tablespoons nestle semi sweet morsels.

Fill each shell with creme... 2 points each

Scarlett, let me know how it turns out...I might try it for Halloween guests I'm having over. I don't really care for cooking, but do enjoy baking. ( I have the end of season rhubarb that I need to harvest and freeze and have been searching for low point desserts for that). Are you familiar with Skinny Taste? There was a chocolate lava cake that used diet cocoa that is pretty good. As you can tell...I love sweets (and breads/carbs...I'm Italian, what can you expect?).

After saying that my leader never shares recipes, she shared one this past week that I planned to try: Butternut Squash Soup for 1 Pt Value. If anyone is interested, let me know and I will post. I have not tried it yet, but it does sound good.

Diane

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Diane, I will for sure let you know. I am not familiar with the skinny website you mentioned but will check it out. There is a girl on youtube who blogs all the time and shares products and recipes that she has tried her youtube name is weightwatchergirl1. Check her out she has some great stuff. One thing I got from her is these vitatops things. They seem to be a cross between a muffin and cookie, are a good size and like 2 pts each. Come in all different flavors and she says they are very good and satisfying. I ordered them the other day but you can get them at some of the local stores as well. I like you went to meetings a long time ago where the instructor showed products and shared recipes, I used to love that. This girl does it in her videos and she finds all kinds of stuff.

I joined WW in January 2016 and I have lost 40 lbs so far! My goal is to lose 75 lbs total but I don't think I'll reach my goal by my cruise in November. I joined a 12 week weight loss challenge at work where we each pay $12 and we pay 25¢ per 1/4 lb if we gain. Whoever loses the most in the 12 weeks wins the pot. We're 3 weeks in and I have not had to pay yet and I've lost 3 lbs!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Forums mobile app

Diane, Update on the Cannoli cups. They turned out great!! So easy to make. My daughters and two year old grandson loved them and they are not on any diets lol. Tip .. If you buy a pack of won ton wrappers buy two containers of fat free ricotta. This will make plenty for your party.

Diane, Update on the Cannoli cups. They turned out great!! So easy to make. My daughters and two year old grandson loved them and they are not on any diets lol. Tip .. If you buy a pack of won ton wrappers buy two containers of fat free ricotta. This will make plenty for your party.

Thanks I will defintely make those! I was totally off program for the past week. We had gone camping (our last for the season...sniff sniff) to a cranberry festival and of course there were tons of food vendors. Then after coming home, I had to go to a three day conference for work (I had to eat what was provided or go hungry..LOL). But... I am back on and what is funny...I think I talked my leader into trying a cruise vacation.

Diane

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't been on here in a couple weeks. Life has been busy!! One week I had too many cheat days and lost only .2 yuk!! Well the next week i was better and lost 3plus. I am down just about ten pounds yayy!! Still have 30 to go but feel like I am more on track. I hope everyone is keeping motivated and losing. We all want to look good tan and in a bathing suite:)

I haven't been on here in a couple weeks. Life has been busy!! One week I had too many cheat days and lost only .2 yuk!! Well the next week i was better and lost 3plus. I am down just about ten pounds yayy!! Still have 30 to go but feel like I am more on track. I hope everyone is keeping motivated and losing. We all want to look good tan and in a bathing suite:)

Nice job! I really have to try to exercise more. I am down 10 too since I started in August but it seems so slow! I recently enrolled in a Tai Chi (SP?) class and really do enjoy it but it definitely is not cardio. In four more weeks I begin a tone and tighten class (lord knows I need it). I have an adult son living at home (graduate school) and he is religious about lifting at least every other day, I think eventually I will join him (in the basement with all the equip we have gathered over the years). Have a great week everyone!!!

Diane

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can't tell you how excited I am to find a WW thread on here!!!

Been doing WW since March, have lost 42 pounds since then :)

I'm 60# lighter than my cruise last September and feeling great. Feel off the WW wagon when I shattered my phone a couple weeks ago but finally have my house restocked for success. We embark in 39 days and I'm hoping to lose another 10# before we go.

My lovely boss switched me from night shift (2 + years) to a month of evenings, back to nights for a month, and next week i go back to evenings permanently. Hasn't been helpful in maintaining my routine at all but in one month of evenings I lost 15# so hoping to come close to repeating that in the final month before we sail.

For reference we are on Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas November 26-December 4.

Sent from my N9518 using Forums mobile app

I can't tell you how excited I am to find a WW thread on here!!!

Been doing WW since March, have lost 42 pounds since then :)

I'm 60# lighter than my cruise last September and feeling great. Feel off the WW wagon when I shattered my phone a couple weeks ago but finally have my house restocked for success. We embark in 39 days and I'm hoping to lose another 10# before we go.

My lovely boss switched me from night shift (2 + years) to a month of evenings, back to nights for a month, and next week i go back to evenings permanently. Hasn't been helpful in maintaining my routine at all but in one month of evenings I lost 15# so hoping to come close to repeating that in the final month before we sail.

For reference we are on Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas November 26-December 4.

Sent from my N9518 using Forums mobile app

Welcome! I am sailing in February on the Jewel of the Seas and can't wait! I have to lose some weight as I can't stand myself in pictures! Have a great week everyone!

Hi! I started WW yesterday and I must say it was a struggle!!lol!! Just being confined to those 30 points was not easy but I did it and did not go over. I have a 12nighter on Anthem in November and I'm getting married in the spring so I am determined to drop a few pounds. I think this upcoming cruise will be a bit of a struggle but I'm pretty active (spinning, running, weights) so hopefully I won't fall off the wagon to badly.

For those that have tried to follow the points system while cruising how do you do it?

Hi! I started WW yesterday and I must say it was a struggle!!lol!! Just being confined to those 30 points was not easy but I did it and did not go over. I have a 12nighter on Anthem in November and I'm getting married in the spring so I am determined to drop a few pounds. I think this upcoming cruise will be a bit of a struggle but I'm pretty active (spinning, running, weights) so hopefully I won't fall off the wagon to badly.

For those that have tried to follow the points system while cruising how do you do it?

It takes a week or 2 to get used to the 30pts. You'll figure out what you can eat and stay within your points. Like I know I can have 6-7 points for breakfast(I make a frittata for the week or a protein shake), usually 8-9 for lunch(Sam's Club has these awesome chicken flatbread sandwiches..and Subway salads are essential for me) and then a 10-11 point dinner. Don't over eat your fruit even though its "free", the natural sugar can hold up weight loss. Aim for 3-4 servings a day. Use the app as much as possible, its so helpful. And pinterest for recipe ideas. On the app, Connect is awesome..follow Brandy6310 for great food ideas.

As for cruising..I don't know. I leave on Sunday and I'm having a good time. I'm going to enjoy myself and eat good food. I plan on using the stairs rather than elevators and I will follow the plan as much as I can for breakfast and lunch. Dinner, I am not counting points. Watch those slushy, fruity drinks..they're killer on points!!! :( Thankfully, I'm a wine or whiskey drinker.

So far I haven't counted points on my cruises. And I've done better on the cruise than I do at home. Snacking is my problem, so when I'm busy and eating full multiple course meals I don't find the need to snack. I try my best to go very light on the bread and don't eat the fried items. I also don't drink too much. But I eat all courses and sometimes multiple desserts! I'm not a big "sauce" type person eaither so I don't eat the heavy pastas, have salad dressings on the side, that type of thing too.

And walk, walk, walk. Both on the ship and in the ports. I do the stairs unless I'm going up more than 3 flights, or have heals on! :(

Good luck, stay busy and you should do good. Remember you don't always have to be members of the clean plate club either. If the portion is larger than you think you need, don't worry.

So far I haven't counted points on my cruises. And I've done better on the cruise than I do at home. Snacking is my problem, so when I'm busy and eating full multiple course meals I don't find the need to snack. I try my best to go very light on the bread and don't eat the fried items. I also don't drink too much. But I eat all courses and sometimes multiple desserts! I'm not a big "sauce" type person eaither so I don't eat the heavy pastas, have salad dressings on the side, that type of thing too.

And walk, walk, walk. Both on the ship and in the ports. I do the stairs unless I'm going up more than 3 flights, or have heals on! :(

Good luck, stay busy and you should do good. Remember you don't always have to be members of the clean plate club either. If the portion is larger than you think you need, don't worry.

Love the reference to the "clean plate club"! lol!! I'm pretty active so walking around the ship is fine for me. But that darn bread (especially the sourdough) is my weakness!!

It takes a week or 2 to get used to the 30pts. You'll figure out what you can eat and stay within your points. Like I know I can have 6-7 points for breakfast(I make a frittata for the week or a protein shake), usually 8-9 for lunch(Sam's Club has these awesome chicken flatbread sandwiches..and Subway salads are essential for me) and then a 10-11 point dinner. Don't over eat your fruit even though its "free", the natural sugar can hold up weight loss. Aim for 3-4 servings a day. Use the app as much as possible, its so helpful. And pinterest for recipe ideas. On the app, Connect is awesome..follow Brandy6310 for great food ideas.

As for cruising..I don't know. I leave on Sunday and I'm having a good time. I'm going to enjoy myself and eat good food. I plan on using the stairs rather than elevators and I will follow the plan as much as I can for breakfast and lunch. Dinner, I am not counting points. Watch those slushy, fruity drinks..they're killer on points!!! :( Thankfully, I'm a wine or whiskey drinker.

Thanks for the guidance on the daily points...that will really help. Yeah, I love my fruity drinks, but I love wine as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Scarlett, I tried the cannoli cups and they were great! I especially liked that they were easy! Recently talked in meeting about mixing a spice or carrot cake mix with pumpkin that I plan to try. Apparently you can make either cookies, muffins or mini loafs. I plan on trying this weekend. Leader also indicated that she puts grated carrots in along with crushed pineapple.

Diane

Diane, I'm glad you liked them. I've heard of the pumpkin with the cake let me know how it is..I have made brownies with the pumpkin puree. Very easy, they don't rise a lot but they are chocolatey. I made a great crockpot chicken taco chili. It was a video on facebook by skinnytaste and it was low in points and so amazingly yummy!! My whole family loved it!! Easy to make too.

Scarlet, I made the spice cake muffins with pumpkin. Very good but I might try again adding grated carrots and pineapple. The were good..I got about 22 muffins. If you have 24 muffins they are 4 smart points apiece. I don't know if I thought one tiny muffin was worth 4 points LOL. I am into quantity!!!! I have had the brownies with black beans and those are good too.

Diane

Scarlet, I made the spice cake muffins with pumpkin. Very good but I might try again adding grated carrots and pineapple. The were good..I got about 22 muffins. If you have 24 muffins they are 4 smart points apiece. I don't know if I thought one tiny muffin was worth 4 points LOL. I am into quantity!!!! I have had the brownies with black beans and those are good too.

Diane

I'm going to have to try the spice cake muffins they sound good. What exactly did you use? Was it a box of spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin puree?

I'm going to have to try the spice cake muffins they sound good. What exactly did you use? Was it a box of spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin puree?

Yes just a spice mix cake mix and a can (15 oz?) of pumpkin. Very easy. Let me know what you think.

Diane