WW Here I come AGAIN!!!

Set to go

like others - wife and I are doing WW - I'm down 15 in past 10 weeks. Her's is about the same.

We did 12 nights on Hawaiian islands before doing 11 nights - Honolulu to Vancouver on Celebrity.

On the cruise we used our fitbits to made sure and walk at least 10K each day - watched our breakfast and lunch very carefully to try and make 'good choices' then did supper as we wanted. We both put on 3 to 5 pounds over the 3 plus week vacation so not to bad.

Like others have mentioned we looked at the buffet carefully before choosing especially dessert time.

To us it's all about making good choices - do the best you can and remember you are on vacation so enjoy yourself just don't go crazy.

Glad I found this thread. I have been on WW since January. So far I am down 25#. Have been on one cruise in March and going on another in June. I like the idea of getting a Fitbit and tracking my steps for activity points. Does most just try not to gain weight during a cruise or continue to want to lose 2+ pounds?

Glad I found this thread. I have been on WW since January. So far I am down 25#. Have been on one cruise in March and going on another in June. I like the idea of getting a Fitbit and tracking my steps for activity points. Does most just try not to gain weight during a cruise or continue to want to lose 2+ pounds?

We are on vacation to enjoy ourselves - we try to watch ourselves while enjoying ourselves. If we come back with a 5 pound or under gain on a 2 week cruise then we are ok with that. Those few pounds will come off quickly once you get home.

As always just make sure what you are eating is worth it.

Glad I found this....DH and I are both a month in to weight watchers and doing well. I struggle and lose slowly because of my work schedule impacting when/what I can eat, but I have a goal to lose 40 pounds by December. I think I can do it!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm happy to have found this topic. I was looking for tips on how to stay on track while on a cruise, so I've picked up a few ideas.

I started WW mid-January and as of my weigh-in today I'm down 41 lbs :) Still have about 30 lbs to go, but I'm very happy with my progress. However, I am a little worried about gaining weight on the cruise. I'm just going to try to make good choices and work out every day and hope for the best!

I'm happy to have found this topic. I was looking for tips on how to stay on track while on a cruise, so I've picked up a few ideas.

I started WW mid-January and as of my weigh-in today I'm down 41 lbs :) Still have about 30 lbs to go, but I'm very happy with my progress. However, I am a little worried about gaining weight on the cruise. I'm just going to try to make good choices and work out every day and hope for the best!

Looks like you are doing good on WW - congrads!

Like you said - make good choices and work out when you can even if it's just walking around the ship a few laps - you can do this several times a day.

If you try something and don't feel it's worth the points then don't finish it.

But you are on a cruise so enjoy it.

I joined WW 5 weeks ago. Ive been loosing steady each week. My daughter is doing it with me which makes it soooo much nicer. Her motivation is infectious.

A couple weeks ago I booked a cruise for my Mothers 72nd bday. It'll be her first cruise. She's just lost over 80 lbs herself and had gained so much energy that I thought she was finally physically able to enjoy a cruise.

I have over 100 lbs to loose so any amount I can loose before the cruise in December will help me greatly. Im 50 years old now and tired of NOT doing anything about it. Time to get busy!

• 2 weeks later...

I love WW. I lost a lot of weight a few years ago using the Momentum Plan. As a lifetimer I managed to stay at or near goal until I went on my first cruise (b2b 21 days) this past Feb. I gained quite a few lbs on that cruise and was a bit lazy about myl habits afterwards until now. With anoth 21 day b2b booked for October, I'm back to good eating habits again, following the Momentum Plan again. And this time, I'm going to keep he good eating habits going! It's the only way to keep from yoyoing.

Anyhow, 5 lbs down so far, 20 more to go.

I love WW. I lost a lot of weight a few years ago using the Momentum Plan. As a lifetimer I managed to stay at or near goal until I went on my first cruise (b2b 21 days) this past Feb. I gained quite a few lbs on that cruise and was a bit lazy about myl habits afterwards until now. With anoth 21 day b2b booked for October, I'm back to good eating habits again, following the Momentum Plan again. And this time, I'm going to keep he good eating habits going! It's the only way to keep from yoyoing.

Anyhow, 5 lbs down so far, 20 more to go.

For many of us it is a constant battle - if I address it as soon as the cruise/event is over with the I can maintain

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know about the rest of you, but I find it harder to maintain my weight loss, than to loose it initially. You really need to push yourself to stay on plan. I managed to keep my weight gain down to 1.5 lbs. on our last cruise on Celebrity Summit in May. Lots of walking, and really checking out the buffet before grabbing a plate.

We're going to the Dominican Republic in November for a week to an all inclusive, almost like being on a ship. And next year we're booked on the new Regent ship, Explorer for a 10 day Med cruise. I keep trying to remind myself of these trips, and all those clothes I have that I'd like to be able to wear. Some days that helps me to get outside and walk.

(I am a WW Lifetime member.)

Yeas ago I lost 120 on WW and have maintained since. BUT . . . it is a daily consciousness that keeps it off. Recently I did some stress eating while visiting my Mom and clearing her house out for sale since she is in a memory care unit. Gained 5 pounds. Came home and started writing everything down religiously and am back to goal.

We are going on a cruise to Alaska next summer and I'm not too worried, but I do tend to see food in points values. Not necessarily a bad thing. My thought is to get maybe 4ish pounds under goal before we leave.

The last cruise I walked a mile after every meal/eating event. It went pretty well.

• 1 month later...

Hi all CCer's! Such a nice positive thread with great suggestions. Steyaww you had some great tips! I like to track on computers/phones which isn't always possible on cruises..so I track the "old fashion" way! I do count points but also keep track of my carbs. Since I am still needing to lose weight and do cruise 3-4 times a year...I have a written plan before I cruise...I use many of the strategies mentioned. I track most days& make rules like only having bread on formal nights.

I think long term for my weight loss and maintenance so my goal is to stay the course and maintain weight or lose a smaller amount on cruises. Walking really helps.

Good luck to all on their weight loss goals! Cruise Susy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I once again signed back up with WW, so last Saturday I signed up for the Online version. After giving it much thought, yesterday I switched to Personal Coaching & Online Plus. So today I had my first weigh in and later today I will have my first personal coaching session. I choose a coach who has lost over 100 pounds (like I need to loose) and also lives here in my hometown of Chicago. It also helped when I read her 38 glowing reviews!

So as I said, today was my first WI and I'm down 3.8 pounds. I love those first WI's as they are usually so high.

So, in 49 days I cruise. My question is, will the mobile app work if I'm not signed onto the Internet or am I going to need to buy some internet minutes so I can still log my food when we are having our sea days as I know I can sync when we are in port?

Okay, I once again signed back up with WW, so last Saturday I signed up for the Online version. After giving it much thought, yesterday I switched to Personal Coaching & Online Plus. So today I had my first weigh in and later today I will have my first personal coaching session. I choose a coach who has lost over 100 pounds (like I need to loose) and also lives here in my hometown of Chicago. It also helped when I read her 38 glowing reviews!

So as I said, today was my first WI and I'm down 3.8 pounds. I love those first WI's as they are usually so high.

So, in 49 days I cruise. My question is, will the mobile app work if I'm not signed onto the Internet or am I going to need to buy some internet minutes so I can still log my food when we are having our sea days as I know I can sync when we are in port?

Debbie - 3.8 lbs is a great start.

You do need network access for the app to work. You can always write down the items then enter once you have access

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back to using online WW. DH and I have remained signed up online paying the monthly fee but not always following it. DH follows my lead, so we have both been tracking well the last week or so. I will not get on the scale ( bad I know) until I "feel" like I have lost by how my clothes feel and how I look in the mirror. Then I will start weighing weekly. DH gets so frustrated when he doesn't lose or he gains, but his problem is portion control and his medications. Mine is that I eat to self console! My biggest push for getting back on the program is I want to make sure my clothes fit well in February for our next cruise. All I can do is track and increase activity and hope for some improvement. It will have to be enough.

• 2 weeks later...
Not trying to sound like a Debbie Downer but the typical pattern with WW is the lose and gain yo-yo. Having lost 80 lbs and kept it off for over 3 years now, I have found setting a daily calorie and macro-nutrient goal and using an app like myfitnesspal to track my intake to be far more effective for the long term.

Well said chief... my wife is also a lifetime WW member and it's the same pattern. As a sports nutritionist specializing in aggressive weight loss,I see it a lot. Not to mention, I experienced it too...I'm my own worst enemy. I am VERY successful at helping people to lose weight but don't take my own advice...lol:rolleyes:

You hit it when you said, "macro-nutrient goal". Most people count calories and forget the most important thing... nutrition. With WW, as you lose the weight, you also lose a lot of valuable muscle which lowers the rate at which you burn calories. So after you lose all the weight, your body burns calories at a lower rate so as soon as you indulge for any length of time, you "rebound".