Specialty restaurant questions

espmass

I'm returning to Celebrity after a few years on a different line. I see that Celebrity now has some Specialty Dining packages where I can pre-purchase packages of 3 to 5 or more restaurants. Maybe I'm just missing something, but I'm having trouble understanding how it works because when I bring it up on my reservation it shows "starting at $103.00" or "starting at $149", etc. So what's the deal? How do I get the actual price? Do I choose which restaurants and that determines the price? Also, what are the current individual prices of the Specialty restaurants? I'll be on the Reflection. Thanks for any help.

Login to your Celebriy account. In the upper right hand corner there's a button that says "my account." Click on the drop down arrow and choose "my reservation." Click on "manage reservation." Scroll down and click on a pinky orange button on the lower right side that says "Explore cruise planner." There's a menu bar that goes across the top of the age - choose "dining and beverage." You can click on the meal package to see prices.

Reflection pricing can be found here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=621&pgtype=dining

You can almost always get discounted specialty restaurants onboard. It depends on your flexibility.

Thanks. Got the individual prices. Can't get info from cruise planner because the site isn't behaving for my cruise and I continue to get the message that I have no reservation even though it shows. Still just wondering how the packages of 3-4-5 etc restaurants works.

ESP - in my experience it is best to wait until you are on board. They offer deals every day for the SR's and you might end up saving a lot of money that way. On our most recent cruise on the Silhouette, there were people walking around the Oceanview during lunch offering special deals. Just a thought...

I'm returning to Celebrity after a few years on a different line. I see that Celebrity now has some Specialty Dining packages where I can pre-purchase packages of 3 to 5 or more restaurants. Maybe I'm just missing something, but I'm having trouble understanding how it works because when I bring it up on my reservation it shows "starting at $103.00" or "starting at $149", etc. So what's the deal? How do I get the actual price? Do I choose which restaurants and that determines the price? Also, what are the current individual prices of the Specialty restaurants? I'll be on the Reflection. Thanks for any help.

There is little advantage in booking online prior to the cruise as the same offers are available when aboard. If you choose one of the dining packages online you are unable to make any reservation until you are aboard anyway, thats the reality. The packages prices are on a sliding scale eg 3 dinner @$36/pp/pn whilst a 14 dinner package @$24/pp/pn. When aboard you can choose the venue /time to your requirements.

We purchased the 14 night package when boarding Eclipse recently and reserved 8pm every night in Murano without any problem. We thoroughly enjoyed being pampered which made the cruise more special. Many will say, why pay extra when you already paid for your meals ? I would say why do people book premium Economy when flying - because it is obviously an improvement and a better experience and its our holiday.......and we spoil ourselves!

We wait till we're on board to buy these packages. We find there are often decent discounts. We did a 4 rest. package(our choice)it came to $250 for the 2 of us. We did 2 nights in Murano(our favorite)1 night each in Tuscan & Qsine. I find Sushi on 5 not to be in the same league.

If you wait the one problem you could have is getting the time you want for that venue. Murano is the most popular and usually goes fast for the better times. You have to remember that they book these times 7 to 8 months out. Their are deals to be had when you get on but it all depends on the booking in each restaurant. I payed regular price for Muranos and got the times I wanted and use the discount for another venues. It worked out fine last year and did the same for the next cruise.

Wife and I were on reverse cruise last Sept. on Solstice. When we got on board and got our free cocktail. There was a waiter 20 feet from us , back to wall and a clip board. I knew what he was there for. I wanted Tuscan and Murano , he said 30% off and we booked 2 restaurants. We booked dates and time right there. 1 minute for transaction.

Both restaurants were not crowded 50 to 60% full. Murano has a luncheon once in a while. ($30)