Paradise Beach 3 ships in port?

FamilyCruiser39

After researching all the AI & beach clubs in Cozumel, we're leaning towards Paradise Beach for the day next month.

However...there are 3 ships in port that day. I'm sure all places will be crowded, but does anyone know how PB will compare? Other option is Nachi Cocum since they limit at 130 guests which limits the crowds, but many reviews say the beach is dirty with litter and sometimes full of seaweed.

I'm ok with lots of people, but not overcrowded. Is PB big enough for 3 ships in port? Cleanliness is important, nice sand, chair availablilty. Thanks for any input anyone has!!

3 ships is a light day for Coz - 5-6+ is typical.

All of the popular beach clubs are lined up along the same side of the island - if seaweed is affecting one, it will affect them all.

Been to Nachi several times and have never seen the beach dirty or with litter? Quiet, relaxing and uncrowded with great service.

PB is much bigger and offers water toys, etc. and is pay as you go - you are comparing margaritas to pina coladas - both good, but very different. :cool:

3 ships is a light day for Coz - 5-6+ is typical.

All of the popular beach clubs are lined up along the same side of the island - if seaweed is affecting one, it will affect them all.

Been to Nachi several times and have never seen the beach dirty or with litter? Quiet, relaxing and uncrowded with great service.

PB is much bigger and offers water toys, etc. and is pay as you go - you are comparing margaritas to pina coladas - both good, but very different. :cool:

Agree with John and would add low season and low number of ships but probably a higher number of children than at other times. You don't state the demographics of your group but something to consider.

As John says the two places offer very different experiences and facilities but Paradise Beach has a great pool, clean facilities and more activities if that is what you require.

3 ships is a light day!!;p That's good news to hear! Been on 8 cruises and we're usually the only ship or one of two. I will consider myself lucky if you all say so.

We have 3 teens so I think Paradise Beach is best for us. I've heard good things about Nachi too, but if you look at the negative reviews, they are all the same--rude staff, litter, seaweed. I always read both & take all into consideration. There are many great reviews too. Just trying to get as much info as possible. I trust CC responses!

Thank you all for your responses. Much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
Last time I was there we had 4 ships in port and I regret going to Paradise Beach. It was PACKED! Nice place for a light tourist day but with 4 ships...never again. Nachi is my go to spot as they limit the number of guests

I'm nervous now. When we go there in 2 weeks, there will be 3 ships in our port and 1 at NCLs total of 4 ships in port. Between crowds and the recent crocodile in the pool, I'm having second thoughts about paradise beach.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm nervous now. When we go there in 2 weeks, there will be 3 ships in our port and 1 at NCLs total of 4 ships in port. Between crowds and the recent crocodile in the pool, I'm having second thoughts about paradise beach.
you are overthinking the room. 3 or 4 ships in Cozumel is nothing. PB will be great. We have enjoyed it 3 different time. Once with 9 ships in port. Get there early and you will be sitting on the front row if you want.

After researching all the AI & beach clubs in Cozumel, we're leaning towards Paradise Beach for the day next month.

However...there are 3 ships in port that day. I'm sure all places will be crowded, but does anyone know how PB will compare? Other option is Nachi Cocum since they limit at 130 guests which limits the crowds, but many reviews say the beach is dirty with litter and sometimes full of seaweed.

I'm ok with lots of people, but not overcrowded. Is PB big enough for 3 ships in port? Cleanliness is important, nice sand, chair availablilty. Thanks for any input anyone has!!

It is clean. Nice sand. Great pool. Clean bathrooms. Lots of chairs. Seaweed happens everywhere at times in Cozumel but they keep it cleaned up. This is a great day, especially if you have kids.

I have done both. Teens would probably prefer Paradise beach. As others have said they are different but both great. Lots more to do and more action lots of water toys. Nachi is more of the quiet laid back have a few drinks and enjoy the Sun and the beach. :D

• 8 months later...

Resurrecting this rather than starting a new thread. For a couple in our early 60's, don't want water sports or any activity more strenuous than lifting a drink, would you recommend Paradise? We probably wouldn't get there right as the ship docks, we prefer a more leisurely morning, so would we be better off with a guaranteed spot at Nachi? We would be on the beach as opposed to by the pool in either place. We did Nachi two years ago, liked it, but are willing to try something different.

PB will be more crowded and busy, but also offers better facilities and a HUGE pool, with only a $3 per person admission fee and pay as you go for food/drinks.

Nachi will be uncrowded, quiet and relaxing, AI food & drinks for about $55 each. For a long, relaxing day at the beach that's where we head - when my daughters cruise with us we usually end up at PB or Sanchos.

Taxi fare will be about the same to either. Your call. ;)

Resurrecting this rather than starting a new thread. For a couple in our early 60's, don't want water sports or any activity more strenuous than lifting a drink, would you recommend Paradise? We probably wouldn't get there right as the ship docks, we prefer a more leisurely morning, so would we be better off with a guaranteed spot at Nachi? We would be on the beach as opposed to by the pool in either place. We did Nachi two years ago, liked it, but are willing to try something different.

We are of a similar age and I think it comes down to what you want from your day.

On a cruise ship day we don’t need AI so don’t usually do Nachi or AI resorts for the two of us. If you want a change, and AI I would look at a hotel resort.

Paradise is good if you need activities and/or a pool but it is more crowded than I like for just the two of us - excellent for families.

Lots of beach bars without entrance where you can sit and look at the sea with a drink in hand with varying degrees of luxury (and beach), - Palancar (maybe lounger fee we usually do table in the shade), Alberto’s, Sky Reef, Money Bar, Playa Azul,or take a taxi or Bar Hop and explore the eastern side away from the crowds.