Back to back question

bjd2

I've planned a surprise B2B for my husband. He knows about the first 8 nights but doesn't know that we're staying for the next 5 as well. My sister and I are hoping to surprise him on the last night.

When we embark on the first leg, are they going to mention it at check in and blow the surprise? Has anyone else done this? I will try to let our steward know that he doesn't know, but just wondering how it works at the initial embarkation.

Thanks!

Bobbie

I've planned a surprise B2B for my husband. He knows about the first 8 nights but doesn't know that we're staying for the next 5 as well. My sister and I are hoping to surprise him on the last night.

When we embark on the first leg, are they going to mention it at check in and blow the surprise? Has anyone else done this? I will try to let our steward know that he doesn't know, but just wondering how it works at the initial embarkation.

Thanks!

Bobbie

No. They won't even know you are on a B2B. Some people want to double up their carry on wine allowance so they show both boarding passes.

My sister and I are hoping to surprise him on the last night.

You will get a letter in your stateroom on the next to last day of the first leg explaining the B2B procedure. I think that the stateroom steward delivers the letter, and it may come in the morning. You may want to make certain that your husband doesn't see the letter before you do.

Also try to get to your room steward before your husband when you first board. On my last B2B, our steward introduced himself and asked if we had any special requests for either leg of our B2B. And like another poster stated, the B2B info will probably be left in your mailbox or room with the next days instructions. Maybe surprise him at breakfast? That way he won't be bummed all day with it being the last day?

Thanks for all of the advice! I always put all of our papers in a folder. He does the folding and laminating of our luggage tags, and I'll only print for the first leg of course. He never looks at the folder otherwise.

I will try to figure out how to get to our steward first, and I love the idea of telling him at breakfast! I agree, the last day is always a bummer for me counting down to time to go pack up our things.

I'm glad to know that at check-in they won't mention it. I won't be trying to bring on double drinks.

Thanks again!

You will get a letter in your stateroom on the next to last day of the first leg explaining the B2B procedure. I think that the stateroom steward delivers the letter, and it may come in the morning. You may want to make certain that your husband doesn't see the letter before you do.

Your letter indicating that you are B2B might actually arrive on day 5 or day 6 of your first leg... that has been our experience on a few occasions (we almost always do B2B cruises). And on a couple of occasions, when we've had to go to the guest services counter for unrelated things, we have had guest services counter agents say things like "Oh I see you're joining us for the next leg as well, don't forget to indicate if you're planning to go off early and explore the home port, or stay onboard with the other B2B guests who will join our crew for immigration procedures."

So you may want to consider springing it on him a little sooner than planned... just in case. And then he has the excitement that you do as well, knowing it's not coming to an end for a while longer, and if he finds he wants to order two different things from the menu one night, he can order his second choice on the second leg. :)

I cant imagine keeping that from my DW or her keeping it from me. I'm sure you know what you're doing (he is your husband after all) but a surprise like that would drive me insane!

Good luck keeping it hidden and I hope no one blows your cover and ruins your surprise!

It would be funny to suggest to him on the last morning, "Hon, what do you say we hide somewhere and just not get off?"

That would be hilarious and I would probably take him around the boat and point out places we could hide and then legit make him think I was crazy serious about hiding on the boat LOL