Bahamas Beach Pass Advice Needed

travelguy83

Hi,

I'm going to be doing a cruise the first week of November, and I've got a couple of questions. First of all, below are the ports I'll be visiting and the times I'll be in each port:

Nassau - 9AM-6PM

Half Moon Cay - 8AM-4PM

Grand Turk - 11AM to 6PM

Given that information here are my questions:

1. First of all, I want to spend some time at the beach, and would like to book a beach pass so that I'll have access to a beach chair/umbrella etc. I also want to spend some time sightseeing and doing other things. Given the places I listed, and the amount of time I'll be in each place, at winch port should I buy a beach pass, and at which ports should I spend time doing other things?

When I do sight see, I don't plan to book excursions. I'm hoping to just do some things independently.

2. Which places sell a beach pass that you would recommend? (I don't need a place that includes alcohol, I'd just like access to beach chairs/umberallas for those I'm traveling with, and maybe access to a pool and non-alcoholic drinks)

Those are the two main questions I've got at the moment. I'd appreciate any help veteran cruisers can provide!

Edited by travelguy83

Hi,

I'm going to be doing a cruise the first week of November, and I've got a couple of questions. First of all, below are the ports I'll be visiting and the times I'll be in each port:

Nassau - 9AM-6PM

Half Moon Cay - 8AM-4PM

Grand Turk - 11AM to 6PM

1. First of all, I want to spend some time at the beach, and would like to book a beach pass so that I'll have access to a beach chair/umbrella etc. I also want to spend some time sightseeing and doing other things. Given the places I listed, and the amount of time I'll be in each place, at winch port should I buy a beach pass, and at which ports should I spend time doing other things?

When I do sight see, I don't plan to book excursions. I'm hoping to just do some things independently.

2. Which places sell a beach pass that you would recommend? (I don't need a place that includes alcohol, I'd just like access to beach chairs/umberallas for those I'm traveling with, and maybe access to a pool and non-alcoholic drinks)

Those are the two main questions I've got at the moment. I'd appreciate any help veteran cruisers can provide!

At Nassau, I'd suggest taking a taxi across to Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island - no "beach pass" needed and a number of vendors with chairs/umbrellas.

Half Moon is a cruise line-owned spot - no pass needed, just check on board ship for cabana/chair rentals.

At Grand Turk there is a pretty good beach right next to the pier - again chairs/umbrellas available.

You might want to walk around Nassau a bit before or after beach trip.

If you don't want to stray too far in Nassau, the British Colonial Hilton is only about a ten minute walk from the cruise pier. They have a nice little beach here, nice view of the ships in the harbor. The pass also includes a credit for lunch.

We stopped by this hotel for a Pina Colada, nice to place to relax for a bit.

Jonathan

Hi,

Nassau - 9AM-6PM

Half Moon Cay - 8AM-4PM

Grand Turk - 11AM to 6PM

Half Moon is a beach stop and so is GrandTurk so no need for a beach pass.

In Nassau I would do a snorkel tour.

Nassau has far more "site-seeing" than the other two. Lots of options. We have done a walking tour which we downloaded Online and really enjoyed.

Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay you have access to free beach, beach chairs and umbrellas.