Elite Lounge Again

Goldie Foghorn

Maybe not, but it's the cumulative benefits that I enjoy. This is just another part of the package. I always make time to go to the lounge... nice view, nice appetizers, good drinks, relaxing time with friends... it's all good.

That's right. Yes, it is a small perk. (But the munchies are always good.) So what? Actually, we consult the schedule that is sent to the stateroom, and go when the drinks and apps are to our liking. Usually about half the nights.

It's a nice, relaxing way to wrap up a busy day.

I'm unclear why you go to this function. You seem to hate everything about it, but you say you go. Is it the only place to watch the sunset?

Jim

Skywalkers is a great place to sit just before sunset. Thats the only reason we go. If its held somewhere else never been.

I totally agree. I have gone into the P&E lounge on a number of cruises and immediately walked out. The reason is the crowding and or having to stand in line for finger food....:):):)

Bob

Our experience as well. Not worth it to save a few bucks on a drink.

Our experience as well. Not worth it to save a few bucks on a drink.

If saving a buck on a drink is the only reason to go, I agree. We like to meet new people, and this a great opportunity for it. Some of my best cruise memories are talking to people and hearing their interesting stories. As they say, to each his own.

We had never really been impressed with this perk before ... and now just love it!! The reason for the change in opinion???

Well, mostly because they now serve any drink on the list any night of the week -- so you aren't restricted to having a mojito on the mojito day if what you really want is a margarita. I was told they were making this their policy on every Princess ship -- I will see if it holds true while on my next cruise. I sure hope so.

Our last couple of cruises, this event was held in Skywalkers and while it did draw a huge crowd, we were never skunked out of a place to sit. I am sure it does happen, just not to us (in Skywalkers). We've gone before when on the Island and Coral -- don't like that at all. Not even worth my time and energy -- couldn't even get a drink in there.

I do love the little goodies they serve as well, but it is really about the atmosphere -- mostly in Skywalkers, though -- definitely not when they try to jam it into a part of the Explorer's Lounge. We'll see how it goes on our next sailing as there is no Skywalkers on that ship. If it is way too crowded or they go back to the old one per night menu -- we just won't go. But will give it a try and enjoy it for the experience it offers.

Now, for a question I haven't seen specifically answered as of yet -- later in the year, I will be booked in a room with my sister in law -- this will be her first cruise. Is she not able to go with me into the PES lounge and order her own drink at the discounted price -- even if she is in the same stateroom as I am? If not, can she go in with me and have me buy her the drinks? Honestly, not trying to get away with anything -- but really just wondering what the rule is. I guess I just assumed the perk was assigned to the cabin based on the elite passenger status. :confused:

Sometimes they check cards at the door, sometimes not. If you pay for her drink on your card, I don't think anyone will say anything. Last cruise, I took my two-year-old granddaughter in with me (we were sharing a cabin next door to mommy and daddy) and ordered her a Shirley Temple. I don't think they expected her to be Platinum or Elite yet ;) and there was no issue. She was well-behaved, BTW, and sat there in a chair like a big girl eating brie (which I have now learned, thanks to lounge, she just loves.) :D

Sometimes they check cards at the door, sometimes not. If you pay for her drink on your card, I don't think anyone will say anything. Last cruise, I took my two-year-old granddaughter in with me (we were sharing a cabin next door to mommy and daddy) and ordered her a Shirley Temple. I don't think they expected her to be Platinum or Elite yet ;) and there was no issue. She was well-behaved, BTW, and sat there in a chair like a big girl eating brie (which I have now learned, thanks to lounge, she just loves.) :D

Good to know. Am still wondering if this is breaking the rules, though. If they checked our cards but I explained that she is booked in my room, is that a violation of the policy?

I have met people in there that didn't know it was a PES area -- just said they had no idea but looked like great appetizers so came in. Other times, I asked to see the plat/elite drink menu and the people had no idea what I was referring to...so assume it is done all the time. I just don't know if it is part of their policy to allow non-plat/elites in or to buy drinks at the discounted price if roomed with a plat/elite. Just trying not to break any rules that I don't fully understand ... but thanks for your response.