REVIEW 10-17-2015 Crown Hawai, Samoa, Tahiti

ccrain

It was a bucket list cruise.

This review is geared towards those booked or contemplating booking the 2016 or beyond 28/29 day itinerary. Hopefully it gives you some flavor of what to expect, the things to do and the sights you'll see.

I do have the patters scanned and will upload the Google Drive link later in this thread.

The review is fully illustrated with photos from the cruise and is in pdf, in two parts.

Here's the first part.

Crown Review 10-17-2015 Part 1.pdf

Here is the link to the collective "Live From..." Thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2269901

Here is the link to the rollcall part 2 thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2238087

Here is the link to the shutterfly website for the cruise:

https://oct2015crownprincesshawaiitahiti.shutterfly.com/

The shutterfly website was extremely useful and a really good organizational tool for all of us.

THANKS MIKE (RetiredNTraveling).

Hope Betty is doing better...

Having problems with Video Studio, so I'm still working on the video for Jamie Clarke's entire cabaret show - including Judy and the panties.

Probably will do a video summary over the Thanksgiving break and post it in here as well.

Thanks Charles,

I enjoyed reading your great review.

It is always wonderful to read others experiences from the same cruise.

It was nice meeting you and wish you many more great cruises.

Cheers

Bill

We really enjoyed the catamaran trip on Apia. Thanks for setting that up. They were really great people and we thought the breadfruit was a nice touch as well. Yummy!

Here is the link to the collective "Live From..." Thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2269901

Here is the link to the rollcall part 2 thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2238087

Here is the link to the shutterfly website for the cruise:

https://oct2015crownprincesshawaiitahiti.shutterfly.com/

The shutterfly website was extremely useful and a really good organizational tool for all of us.

THANKS MIKE (RetiredNTraveling).

Hope Betty is doing better...

It was truly a labor of love! I learned so much about cruising, Hawaii, South Seas Islands, and of course the great members of our CC Roll Call (at last count: 329+ members). I see that no one is doing anything similar to it for 2016's cruise! Sorry for them.

Betty is getting better with every passing day and we thank everyone from the cruise & CC that have sent their prayers and thoughts.

Just Mike

Thanks Charles. I could never come close to the kind of "work" you do. :D

As people on this cruise will tell you, it was more keeping a regular coffee schedule in the IC in the morning.

After 5 or 6 days we got to be like neighbors - 'hey, where's Herb'! Or 'gee, your late'!

A regular coffee klatch in which the only thing faster than the speed of light is the latest news about someone, something or somewhere on the ship!

So here is the link to Jamie's Cabaret Show - all 2GB's of it. Hope your connection is fast...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4U_Mo-ITYDES05WYXBpQ0N0cGM/view?usp=sharing

Yes, that is my lovely wife dancing on the stage with Jamie and handing him a pair of fluorescent hot pink panties...

First the Versailles Incident, then the Purple Panty Fling and now this...Just can't take her anywhere...

Is the Google Drive thing working?

is everyone able to download the patters or view the video?

Just curious if this is a good way to distribute large files...

I was able to view your trip report, both parts. Hopefully we will get to do this cruise one of these days. Been to Hawaii many times on land trips and Tahiti 3 times on cruises so this trip will get us back to ur favorite places without the flights.

Jackie

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

Was only able to view the patters and the video of Jamie. That was good,someone just did not set things up very well with the number of people. That Explores lounge was not the place for some of the entertainment. Could hardly ever get in there,why oh why did thy not use fusion or the theater.

Was only able to view the patters and the video of Jamie. That was good,someone just did not set things up very well with the number of people. That Explores lounge was not the place for some of the entertainment. Could hardly ever get in there,why oh why did thy not use fusion or the theater.

Explorers is always used as a secondary venue, but seats much less than the Vista on the Grands. But they typically use Explorer's for a comedy venue for a second show of a comedian who has already had a main show in the theater. Both Jamie's show and Pub Night were packed to the gills. In fact most first run/ only run shows in Explorer's is packed to the rafters.

I think it was simply a scheduling issue. We had plenty of nights on the 8 night return, and on the sea days between LA and Hilo/Kauai and Apia, that things could have been a little more spread out. Especially between MUTS, theater and theme nights.

Charles,

Thank you for the kind words you wrote about me in your review. Organizing Patrick's tour was truly a "labor of love" and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I just wish the weather was a tad better for the day.

Your review was excellent and really captured the essence of the cruise. Great writing and great pictures!

Bonni

Charles,

Thank you for the kind words you wrote about me in your review. Organizing Patrick's tour was truly a "labor of love" and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I just wish the weather was a tad better for the day.

Your review was excellent and really captured the essence of the cruise. Great writing and great pictures!

Bonni

You all did such a great job organizing, planning, cajoling, herding, etc., I really started to feel like a freeloader! (But I seriously did not know we would get to go until we actually got on the plane.) Especially after we got to experience some of the ports, and that fantastic BBQ at Patrick's Motu.

But now I have you guys' example to live up to after I retire and help plan some cruise in the future! Gonna be a lot of work!

Yeah, the weather could have been better, but it was still very special, AND we just got to do one of our favorite things - watching Island Hunters on DIY channel about picking a resort in Bora Bora - and Judy and I got to look across the room at each other and say:

BEEN THERE!

Thanks Again.

Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Safe Travels!

Thanks, Charles, for the amazing review. Gosh, that was a lot of work, but what an awesome gift for us (and for you)! I can only dream of doing a cruise this length...

Thanks for the great Balck Friday read!

May your dreams come true!

Explorers is always used as a secondary venue, but seats much less than the Vista on the Grands. But they typically use Explorer's for a comedy venue for a second show of a comedian who has already had a main show in the theater. Both Jamie's show and Pub Night were packed to the gills. In fact most first run/ only run shows in Explorer's is packed to the rafters.

I think it was simply a scheduling issue. We had plenty of nights on the 8 night return, and on the sea days between LA and Hilo/Kauai and Apia, that things could have been a little more spread out. Especially between MUTS, theater and theme nights.

Glad you saw what we saw with the scheduling and the number of people that interest in the shows.

Are you and your wife the ones that sat next to us the day we checked in and I asked about your beads?? So many at the CC meeting never got to see the people that posted a lot.

Glad you saw what we saw with the scheduling and the number of people that interest in the shows.

Are you and your wife the ones that sat next to us the day we checked in and I asked about your beads?? So many at the CC meeting never got to see the people that posted a lot.

The scheduling is the CD's responsibility.

I know everyone talks about their personalities and whether they're out and about or not but this is how I judge just how good a CD is.