Help please

gamecockinnc

I am cruising on the Disney Fantasy December 3rd with my parents and my youngest son (he's 5 and turns 6 during the week of the cruise) and my 15 year old son. Unfortunately my husband can't join us due to work and our eldest son due to his freshman year in college can't join us.

I have been to BVI but the boys haven't. We have decided to split up that day. My mother is disabled and must use a electric wheelchair.

I wanted to take the boys to Jost Van Dyke but the full day is sold out. But the

Jost Van Dyke Beach Transfer (TT14) Is available. It leaves at 7:30 am and is only 4 hours long. Considering 1.30 hours will be spent traveling there is it worth the time spent?

Are there private charters that I haven't found yet that would have better options?

Or should we just do to a beach day and if so which beach would you recommend for a 15 year old, almost 6 year old and myself. Snorkeling in this port isn't a must. But safety, restrooms, snacks or drinks are.

Desperate for any help. And yes I am kicking myself for waiting so long.

Thank you in advance for your help and advice because I really need it!

T

Ps: I posted on the Tortola website too.

Sorry that I can't help. We did the baths at Virgin Gorda on our Tortola day, which was amazing. But it also involves transportation time and walking.

As to the full day being sold out--after boarding, go to "Port Adventures." Let them know that you'd like to book 3 slots if anyone wants to cancel. The policy is that you can cancel up to 3 days ahead of embarkation on line, but people do board the ship with reservations that they don't want. If Port Adventures can resell their spot, they won't be charged....so it can work out. PA doesn't always wait list all excursions, but it never hurts to ask.

Also, check back on line periodically. There is NO waitlist in advance. It is just a matter of being the next person to try to book after someone cancels.

Head to your local library and pick up a guidebook...there are usually quite a few things that are super-easy to do on your own...no excursions required! You need info to know about them....so this could be a good option if a preferred excursion isn't available. Big money-saver, too!