Disembarkation time to allow in Los Angeles

MarilynA

My December cruise (v. 5536 from FLL to LAX) debarks at Port of Los Angeles at B93 with an arrival time of 7 am. Can anyone hazard an educated guess as to whether I can make a 11:10 am flight out of LAX? I do have Pre-Pass and Global Entry which hopefully will speed up my clearance through customs and through airport security.

The other choice is to take a non-stop that leaves at 10:15 pm. With that flight, I would have to figure out what to do all day in LA (and with my suitcases). Does anyone have any suggestions? I could always use a Luggage Valet Service to ship my large suitcase home and then would only have my carryon bag to lug around.

The answer is you might make it or you might miss it.

Los Angeles like most of the USA ports is very unpredictable when it comes to clearing the ship, unloading the luggage and so forth.

Global Entry won't help you at the port.

Your arrival date is 12/21. Airport will be busy with Holiday flying.

12/21 is a Monday rather than a weekend. Traffic might be a concern.

Positive is that you will be the only ship in port.

I always advise taking a Noon or later flight out of LAX.

When we were faced with a similar situation we just flew the next day.

I don't like stress when it comes to flight so I would never do this. I just don't want to spend half my cruise worrying about it. Some who don't get stressed out will give it a try. But, there are no guarantees and I have seen situations where people have missed their flight with a flight this early and others when they made them.

The bottom line is this is a gamble and history means nothing if you have a disembarkation that does not go well due to a range of delays which are always possible.

Keith

The answer is you might make it or you might miss it.

Los Angeles like most of the USA ports is very unpredictable when it comes to clearing the ship, unloading the luggage and so forth.

Global Entry won't help you at the port.

Your arrival date is 12/21. Airport will be busy with Holiday flying.

12/21 is a Monday rather than a weekend. Traffic might be a concern.

Positive is that you will be the only ship in port.

I always advise taking a Noon or later flight out of LAX.

When we were faced with a similar situation we just flew the next day.

I don't like stress when it comes to flight so I would never do this. I just don't want to spend half my cruise worrying about it. Some who don't get stressed out will give it a try. But, there are no guarantees and I have seen situations where people have missed their flight with a flight this early and others when they made them.

The bottom line is this is a gamble and history means nothing if you have a disembarkation that does not go well due to a range of delays which are always possible.

Keith

KEITH1010 speaks the truth......

Here's my extravagant suggestion; give yourself an early Christmas present. Go to Marina del Rey and stay at the Ritz Carlton right on the harbor...club floor for a really really nice pressie. The perks of "free" drinks, wonderful small plates, beautiful views, and lovely service, are really special.

The Ritz is very close to the airport so a flight out the next day would be easy. We live on the East Coast and always try to rationalize such a stopover when we fly to and from Asia, or have a situation like the one you described. Actually we'll be heading for the Shadow, sailing from Hong Kong, in mid December....Ritz in Marina del Rey, here we come!

Here's my extravagant suggestion; give yourself an early Christmas present. Go to Marina del Rey and stay at the Ritz Carlton right on the harbor...club floor for a really really nice pressie. The perks of "free" drinks, wonderful small plates, beautiful views, and lovely service, are really special.

The Ritz is very close to the airport so a flight out the next day would be easy. We live on the East Coast and always try to rationalize such a stopover when we fly to and from Asia, or have a situation like the one you described. Actually we'll be heading for the Shadow, sailing from Hong Kong, in mid December....Ritz in Marina del Rey, here we come!

Ah, a woman after my own heart. :) Great idea, thanks!

KEITH1010 speaks the truth......

Keith always speaks the truth! :)

And thank you, Keith, for telling me what I sort of already knew but was trying hard not to admit. Flying is such a royal pain any more.

Keith always speaks the truth! :)

And thank you, Keith, for telling me what I sort of already knew but was trying hard not to admit. Flying is such a royal pain any more.

Unfortunately, very little "royal" about it! :D