Room setup for 3 passengers on Caribbean Princess in a Mini-Suite

suds74

I am considering a Panama Canal cruise in March 2018 with my wife and son. But when I look at a mini-suite online, it seems to show queen bed with an upper berth or twin beds with an upper berth.

We want queen beds plus a sofa bed - is that an option on Princess? We have never had an issue with this on other lines, so I am bit confused.

I called Princess just now and talked to someone (who was rude and hurried) and he told me my options are either queen beds + upper berth or twin beds + upper berth. There is no option for queen + sofa bed on the Caribbean Princess.

Am I hearing that right? So am I just out of luck then?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Thanks,

Bill S.

Frisco, TX

We too travel with our DS. We almost always get a mini suite and have always had a queen bed and a sofa bed. The Coral, Island and Caribbean Princess ( the ones i could find sailing in March of 18) all have the same set up.

The Princess rep was mistaken. Go online and check again.

I am considering a Panama Canal cruise in March 2018 with my wife and son. But when I look at a mini-suite online, it seems to show queen bed with an upper berth or twin beds with an upper berth.

We want queen beds plus a sofa bed - is that an option on Princess? We have never had an issue with this on other lines, so I am bit confused.

I called Princess just now and talked to someone (who was rude and hurried) and he told me my options are either queen beds + upper berth or twin beds + upper berth. There is no option for queen + sofa bed on the Caribbean Princess.

Am I hearing that right? So am I just out of luck then?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Thanks,

Bill S.

Frisco, TX

We are booked in a mini suite on the Caribbean Princess and the sofa bed is available for the 3rd guest. We are on Dolphin deck

However, if you book a balcony room that will be a bunk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for the replies so far. The Princess rep was rude and hurried and was adamant with his answer. I left him a low score on the follow-up survey. My cruise agent just emailed me that she is going to call Princess and confirm the situation for me before I book.

My son will be close to 10-years old when we are thinking of sailing in March 2018, and he has been on ten cruises so far and is Diamond on Royal Caribbean. I am a bit worried about some of the reviews I am seeing that Princess isn't great with kids.

My son loves cruising, is an absolute foodie, dresses up for formal nights and is totally into learning about the science behind the Panama Canal and locks, so I think he will be fine.

Any thoughts on kids like this on Princess?

Suds,

My son has been cruising since he was 3 and is now almost 19. He is an elite with Princess but has cruised with many other lines. He likes Princess since he too likes to dress up and talk to adults. He is not much into hanging out with other kids on the ship.

He too likes good food and thinks that Princess is right for him. We did the Panama Canal with him many years ago and he really enjoyed the lecturers they have on board. He has been invited to the bridge many times as well.

Like i said before we almost always go for the mini suite where he has the sofa bed. If we can get an upsell to a suite we usually jump on it.

I would say go for it and see for yourself.

Enjoy!

From the many posts I have read on Cruise Critic, most kids love the kids activities, of course depending on the specific child. My nephew loved it.

Many posters also say you could call Princess ten different times and get ten different answers to the same question. But rudeness is unacceptable.

Suds,

My son has been cruising since he was 3 and is now almost 19. He is an elite with Princess but has cruised with many other lines. He likes Princess since he too likes to dress up and talk to adults. He is not much into hanging out with other kids on the ship.

He too likes good food and thinks that Princess is right for him. We did the Panama Canal with him many years ago and he really enjoyed the lecturers they have on board. He has been invited to the bridge many times as well.

Like i said before we almost always go for the mini suite where he has the sofa bed. If we can get an upsell to a suite we usually jump on it.

I would say go for it and see for yourself.

Enjoy!

Thanks! Much appreciated! I will be talking with the grandparents tonight as this will be a trip with them as well. They are excited either way, but I know they are interested in the Panama Canal trip.

As long as I can get a mini-suite or even a regular balcony cabin with a queen bed and sofa bed, I am OK with it :)

Thanks again!!

From the many posts I have read on Cruise Critic, most kids love the kids activities, of course depending on the specific child. My nephew loved it.

Many posters also say you could call Princess ten different times and get ten different answers to the same question. But rudeness is unacceptable.

Thanks! I just called again and got the same answer. That is has to be a queen + upper OR twin + upper, but at least this person was friendly. I think they are wrong, but at least they did it in a friendly manner :)

Thanks,

Bill S.

Thanks! I just called again and got the same answer. That is has to be a queen + upper OR twin + upper, but at least this person was friendly. I think they are wrong, but at least they did it in a friendly manner :)

Thanks,

Bill S.

I know that is not the correct answer for the minisuites on emerald deck, because I had one with two twins and a sleep sofa.

Thanks everyone for the replies so far. The Princess rep was rude and hurried and was adamant with his answer. I left him a low score on the follow-up survey. My cruise agent just emailed me that she is going to call Princess and confirm the situation for me before I book.

My son will be close to 10-years old when we are thinking of sailing in March 2018, and he has been on ten cruises so far and is Diamond on Royal Caribbean. I am a bit worried about some of the reviews I am seeing that Princess isn't great with kids.

My son loves cruising, is an absolute foodie, dresses up for formal nights and is totally into learning about the science behind the Panama Canal and locks, so I think he will be fine.

Any thoughts on kids like this on Princess?

Princess is great with kids. My kids have been cruising with Princess since the oldest was 5 and the youngest was 3.

We have not cruised with kids on Royal Caribbean, but we did as a couple (mom and dad). I know they say Royal Caribbean is great for families but we prefer how Princess is more toned down.

Our kids enjoy the food, dressing up, and the enrichment lectures as well.

You will find less kids on a 10 day cruise but March is Spring Break so there could be some kids.

Princess is great with kids. My kids have been cruising with Princess since the oldest was 5 and the youngest was 3.

We have not cruised with kids on Royal Caribbean, but we did as a couple (mom and dad). I know they say Royal Caribbean is great for families but we prefer how Princess is more toned down.

Our kids enjoy the food, dressing up, and the enrichment lectures as well.

You will find less kids on a 10 day cruise but March is Spring Break so there could be some kids.

Thanks! My son loves everything cruising and has just as much fun learning as he would playing with other kids. And with "grandpa" there, he will be happy no matter what!

And can I get a queen bed + sofa bed in a regular balcony cabin? Or does it have to be a mini-suite?

Thanks!

Has to be a mini suite to have the queen configuration with the sofa bed.

If you get a balcony I think they are supposed to separate the beds below but I have seen a room steward push the beds together and allow the bunk above it. It's just a little tight with the ladder.

Our friends who cruised on the Star with us were able to get the room steward to do that.

Edited by jennybenny

Thanks,

Bill S.

I wonder if this actually has to do with the mini you are looking at, whether it will sleep 3 or 4 people As I said, mine was aft on Emerald deck, and I think it slept 4. Some will only sleep 3, in which case it might not have that sofa bed.

Has to be a mini suite to have the queen configuration with the sofa bed.

If you get a balcony I think they are supposed to separate the beds below but I have seen a room steward push the beds together and allow the bunk above it. It's just a little tight with the ladder.

Our friends who cruised on the Star with us were able to get the room steward to do that.

Thanks!!

I wonder if this actually has to do with the mini you are looking at, whether it will sleep 3 or 4 people As I said, mine was aft on Emerald deck, and I think it slept 4. Some will only sleep 3, in which case it might not have that sofa bed.

Interesting! I will see what my cruise agent can find out for me tomorrow and will report back :)

Most mini's have the sofa as the third bed.

However we have had mini's in the past with no bed in the sofa and a berth that comes out of the ceiling.

Thanks! We are definitely wanting the queen + sofa, so hopefully it will work out.

I should know more tomorrow :)

Thanks,

Bill S.

Thanks! Much appreciated! I will be talking with the grandparents tonight as this will be a trip with them as well. They are excited either way, but I know they are interested in the Panama Canal trip.

As long as I can get a mini-suite or even a regular balcony cabin with a queen bed and sofa bed, I am OK with it :)

Thanks again!!

Standard balcony cabins on most Princess ships do not have a sofa and the third and fourth persons sleep on bunk beds that pull down from the ceiling. The Royal class (Royal, Regal, and Majestic) introduced the Deluxe Balcony category which includes a loveseat that is also a one person sofa bed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums