St Thomas BOSS Excursion

JAMST3RZ

I recently saw pictures of these submersible craft and instantly wanted to try it and I researched all of the ports on our upcoming cruises to find that St Thomas is the only port to offer it. I found an independent operator who's website has links to each cruise lines excursion page, I clicked on the carnival logo to find that in the "Notes" section "persons suffering of diabetes are not permitted to take part in this excursion" aaf298100110369515aa00cd0db1543c.jpg5bace15c78034e88282a9718fea66d4b.jpg

Now I've had Type 1 Diabetes for 11 Years and found this to be really odd. I jumped back onto the contracted operator and clicked on the Royal Caribbean International logo to find they do not recommend it but don't block it. fa7e7bc44a3f18e4033d7bbc0f02825e.jpg7dd3b71c587096f9d2ee3e53d03e2e14.jpg

So both cruise lines use the exact some company to operate the excursion yet carnival does not allow those with diabetes to partake. Therefore this must be a Carnival policy, is this discrimination? As a final note on the operators website they claim that even those with missing limbs can participate which I would consider to be more risky than a person with well controlled type one diabetes like myself.

I apologise for the photo quality it isnt the best.

Diabetes and scuba diving risk has quite a history in the scuba community. Here is some info on how DAN recommends managing the condition.

http://www.scubadiving.com/training/basic-skills/

Carnival is probably taking the cautious road to guest safety.

I am a PADI open water qualified diver and my point is that for the same excursion carnival has one policy and royal has another yet neither are mentioned on the contractors website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/url

Check with your doctor first if he have no problem with it go. i did it and it is very tame, also did Sea Trek where you walk on the ocean floor 3 times love it as long as you can equalize the pressure you will be fine

I have no concernes but Carnival simply won't let me go.

Why tell them? They don't require a doctors note saying you are free of disease. My husband has high blood pressure that is well controlled by meds. He does all kinds of excursions that say you shouldn't do it if you have high blood pressure. His doc was the one who told him, "Just don't tell them". If the docs Ok with it, go for it. It's just statement to free them from liability.

My concern is that on the booking I have ticked the "Diabetes" box.

Just an FYI, if you can change the title of the thead to something including "Carnival's policy"... I've noticed that most threads with titles like this will get moved to the ports of call section. I'm sure the moderators don't have time to read the details and this is pretty specific to Carnival.

Just an FYI, if you can change the title of the thead to something including "Carnival's policy"... I've noticed that most threads with titles like this will get moved to the ports of call section. I'm sure the moderators don't have time to read the details and this is pretty specific to Carnival.

Thanks for your suggestion but I have no idea how to do this and I have come to the conclusion to just email Carnival.

I clicked on the carnival logo to find that in the "Notes" section "persons suffering of diabetes are not permitted to take part in this excursion"

Now I've had Type 1 Diabetes for 11 Years and found this to be really odd. I jumped back onto the contracted operator and clicked on the Royal Caribbean International logo to find they do not recommend it but don't block it.

So both cruise lines use the exact some company to operate the excursion yet carnival does not allow those with diabetes to partake. Therefore this must be a Carnival policy, is this discrimination?

I apologise for the photo quality it isnt the best.

Since only Carnival will not allow you, my guess is Carnival may have previously faced some legal issues on this matter. Their refusal may be to avoid being in the previous situation again. JMHO.