Ryndam family questions.

Spurschick

Hi all,

Looking at doing a short Norway cruise on ryndam with teen DD. Is there much to do to keep her occupied? I know it is a smaller ship to what we normally sail on.

Also what is the food like?

Any general info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi all,

Looking at doing a short Norway cruise on ryndam with teen DD. Is there much to do to keep her occupied? I know it is a smaller ship to what we normally sail on.

Also what is the food like?

Any general info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Here is a link to scanned Specialty Restaurant, Beverage, and Room Service menus to help in your planning:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-regular-and-specialty-restaurants/

There will be a few tweaks next week to the Pinnacle Grill (deleted King Crab Legs and updated wine list) and Le Cirque menus (updated wine list) when I update my website with my new scans.

Although I don't have the youth activities for the Ryndam, here are Club HAL youth activities in Alaska to use as an example:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/travel-2/holland-america-lines-kids-activities-examples/

Edited by Crew News

We have been on the Ryndam as a family. The Loft is where your DD will spend time as long as she is under 18. If you google Hal and cabin pictures you will come to a web site where I loaded the Club Hal daily itineraries (different cruise though). If you look under Westerdam you will see the daily programs for The Loft as we were on a 20 day cruise in April and my DD is now 13, close to 14.

We really enjoyed the size of the Ryndam. The teens, if they chose, will have activities scheduled and a Club Hal counseller watching over. There are movies and video cames but also activities. My DD loved it and only missed time there when we were in port.

Enjoy your cruise! It is on our bucket list.