Anyone on the Sun recently?

holidayhelen

Anyone been on the Sun recently? How is the food? Our cruise on POA did not have the best food and the waiters were happy to tell you it was not that good.

We are debating whether to get the meal package - Cagneys is a must - hopefully Teppenyaki and we are not sure whether to give the

Moderno Churrascaria a go.

Any opinions?

What is the Las Ramblas like too?

Thank you

I have not been on the Sun recently, but am sure there are some recent reviews on the REVIEW section to help you.

And, as always, the POA may have the NCL name on it, but it is in a different world (so to speak).

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the Sun July 17 - 24. Food is subjective but we though it was fabulous, both in the MDR and the specialty restaurants. This was our first NCL cruise after five Disney cruises and we thought the Sun's food was far superior to the Mouse's.

Our favorite was Cagney's, and we ate there two nights. We loved Teppenyaki and thought the cooks were a hoot - so much better than the Hibachi places we have at home. Moderno was pretty good, but on our next cruise we will probably skip it. My son, the carnivore of the family, enjoyed it, though I thought the best part was the salad bar and the grilled pineapple. We ate at both of the MDR's once and really enjoyed both meals. One night we decided to just get some sushi and were pleasantly surprised at the quality.

We were in a suite, so we ate a lot of our breakfasts and lunches in the suite restaurant. It was terrific and the service was outstanding. We only ate at the buffet once for breakfast and it was fine. It's a typical buffet.

Overall we were very, very pleased with the food on the Sun. I hope it's an indication of how we will like the food on the Gem as that is our next NCL adventure!

We were on the Sun July 3-10. We were very happy with the food - we ate at Modernos, Cagney's and Le Bistro as well as the main dining rooms. Of those, Cagney's was definitely our favorite - mmmmm so good!!

We snacked at Las Ramblas several nights - the tapas there were fine. They were pre-made and sitting out - but still tasty. There was a pretty big variety, both hot and cold tapas to choose from. We enjoyed having some with Sangria after returning to the ship from port.

Like the previous poster, we had our breakfasts at La Cucina - but the one morning we ate at the Garden Cafe, it was good.

We also ate late night snacks at the Sports Bar - I thought the wings were great.

Enjoy your cruise!!