Windstar transatlantic

mroach4276

Morning, looking for information. On doing Windstar transatlantic crossing from those who know. Is it boring all those days at sea or wonderfully relaxing and enjoying a much smaller group of travelers?

Really intrigued by April 2017 crossings to Lisbon.

Thank you for your help.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You're the only one who can answer that question. Most people we have seen are reading, writing, or engaged in other self-directed activities or hobbies. There are a few scheduled events, such as a daily trivia contest. Almost nothing going on after dinner except a couple of people listening to the duo in the Compass Rose. The spa and gym are open and there is a jigsaw puzzle. Depending on the passenger load, only one restaurant is open for dinner. (This is on the Windsurf.)

There are no stops of course, although we once stopped in the Azorrs to let off a passenger who had broken her hip. There is a doctor on board but you are potentially as much as 5 days from the nearest land.

The weather starts off tropically warm and usually ends in the mid 50s low 60s in Lisbon.

So, either that sounds great or horrible depending on your own preferences.

Not TATL, but we had four days at sea between Malaysia and India. They kept us well entertained, there was a cooking contest one day, trivia quizes in teams with silly prizes, given our destination, we had a Bollywood marathon (yes, they all DO have the same plot) complete with popcorn, etc. The puzzle group spent hours in joint jigsaw puzzling - with people coming, putting in a few pieces, wandering off, coming back...

Some people just read - we tended to sleep in a bit and then take each day as it came. We were also a small group and I think Candles wasn't open.

We love crossings. We get to totally unwind, we love being on the wide open seas, we love the nothingness, there are few fun activities if that pleases you. Reading, jigsaw puzzles, movie watching, we do some art, bit of gym thrown in. Walking around the ship. When we have been on some people gather to needlepoint, some play bridge, one person organized a tap dancing class once, etc. If you like your own company, do not need to be entertained, can find your own amusements go for it. People are very nice and you can socialize as much or as little whatever pleases you. To be on the open ocean, watching the seas, contemplating how lucky you are to do this, the pure air, letting time be relative it is all glorious. Windstar does it right. We have sailed both directions. Since I love heat I think it is warmer coming from Europe to America, we adored the Pacific crossing. My husband loves it all! Happy Sailing.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I was wondering about the "No stops" TA on Windstar as well. I am booked on the April 2017 Transatlantic on the Breeze. This will be my friend and my first trip with this cruise line. I have done many Transatlantics previously on several different cruise lines (Cunard, Princess, Holland America, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity). I imagine this will be very different. I am looking forward to the nice large cabin and the 2000+ passengers that will be missing. :D We love trivia, good food and resting hopefully in the sun so I think we will be fine. My friend likes to spend a bit of time in the gym and hot tub. Been hearing great things about the staff as well. I am actually afraid I won't want to go back to mass market after this. Also hope the weather will be warm on this Aruba to Teneriffe route. We just did a fall TA on Rhapsody of the seas from Malaga to Miami and the weather was near perfect ( about 70 F or more every day). Anyone of you experienced WS cruisers have any tips??

Denise