Question for Bonnie - use of CPAP machine on Journey

Wacktle

Hi Bonnie,

We booked our 24 Oct Arabian 2016 cruise on Journey way back in Dec 2014. In May, my partner was diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnoea and needs to use a CPAP machine at night. Being an avid reader of this forum, I spotted that the re-imagined Journey may not have AC power outlets next to the bed in a balcony cabin, so started to make enquiries:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50034494&postcount=101

Following the advice given here, I emailed the Special Services team in the UK (specalistservicesuk@azamaraclubcruises.com) on 6 July to say that I was posting a form with a CPAP requirement, and asking them to confirm receipt and that the request for an extension cord would be actioned. I had no response, so emailed again on 13 July.

Again there was not response, so I telephoned the number on the website, 0844 417 0258. option 4. This telephone number was incorrect; it proved to be Royal Caribbean and the agent could not, or would not, assist. He told me to telephone 0844 493 4016, which I did on 14 July at 16.45.

The lady who answered went to the "Special Services" team, coming back after about 10 minutes to say that they had found my emails and our forms, and that they would reply to my emails immediately.

24 hours passed with no response, so I emailed the UK Customer Services, CustomerServiceUK@AzamaraClubCruises.com, yesterday. Again, there has been no response; not even an automated acknowledgement!

I sincerely hope that once onboard, all will be well. However I am so frustrated. All I need is peace of mind that my partner will be able to use his CPAP machine and that Azamara will provide the extension cord. (No distilled water is required.)

How can I get an answer? The only telephone number available is a premium rate one, which would be fine if the request was resolved! Can you help please?

Thanks, Joan

Hi Joan,

My husband has never had a problem getting an extension cord, having it taped down, and distilled water delivered - once we were on the ship.

Give yourself a break from the communication frustration and get it done on the ship. After 16 Azamara cruises, we have yet to have a CPAP problem.:)

Thanks to both of you for your replies.

After waiting since 6 July for a response from Azamara, two emails arrived from the Special Services team late this afternoon. A coincidence? Who knows! However the great thing is that it's now sorted and we can look forward to our cruise.

Thanks again.

Thanks to both of you for your replies.

After waiting since 6 July for a response from Azamara, two emails arrived from the Special Services team late this afternoon. A coincidence? Who knows! However the great thing is that it's now sorted and we can look forward to our cruise.

Thanks again.

Glad they wrote to you, It's always good to receive a response. Have a great cruise:cool:

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden