So Havana staterooms are that good?

siestakeys04

Reports say that some rooms get noisy from the music, how was yours?

Ours was more towards the front of the Havana area, we could hear the music (not too loudly) when the band was playing it's sets...but it didn't bother us...they knocked off at 12am or 1am if I remember correctly. Those Insides more towards the back of the Havana area probably heard it louder than we did.

We had a Havana Aft Balcony on the Trans Atlantic. The room decor is very nice, if you have a havana cabin, the,"porches" are awesome. Our friend had a Havana Cabana Suite. The bathroom is amazing and the cabin itself is huge. To me, the best part is the use of the Havana deck. At times, we were alone. We couldn't hear music from the bar or the pool deck in the evenings. There is food at the Havana bar and was a nice breakfast or lunch option.

We had a Havana Aft Balcony on the Trans Atlantic. The room decor is very nice, if you have a havana cabin, the,"porches" are awesome. Our friend had a Havana Cabana Suite. The bathroom is amazing and the cabin itself is huge. To me, the best part is the use of the Havana deck. At times, we were alone. We couldn't hear music from the bar or the pool deck in the evenings. There is food at the Havana bar and was a nice breakfast or lunch option.

Hi Mary in FL,

Are you comfortable sharing what the cost of the aft Havana was for the TA or in relation to the other balcony categories? Which deck did you have?

Before Horizon goes on sale for the TA, I am trying to debate between cove, aft Havana or aft regular, or Lido balcony! I know I will have to act fast for Havana if I want it.

Thanks!

Jenn

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I booked the day they went on sale, and when I booked, decks 6 and 7 were regular Aft balconies. So we got an amazing deal on the Trans-Atlantic, $3819 including taxes, gratuity and vacation protection. Prices started escalating the next day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had a family harbor cove balcony on Vista, which we loved, but are thinking we'll do a grownup only cruise on the Horizon in a Havana cabin. I think a cabana with its own patio would be amazing - although I do wonder if I'd find it too sunny and hot. Just waiting for dates and itineraries to book!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I booked the day they went on sale, and when I booked, decks 6 and 7 were regular Aft balconies. So we got an amazing deal on the Trans-Atlantic, $3819 including taxes, gratuity and vacation protection. Prices started escalating the next day.

The Havana Aft balcony I have booked for March of 2018 has already gone up $65 pp since I booked it in July, and most of them are still available for that cruise.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note7 using Tapatalk. Hey, do you smell anything burning?

Has anyone had 7456?

I had 7463. Yours will be a tiny, tiny bit larger, only because of the curve of the ship. It seemed comparable to other Aft balconies we've had, the balcony itself, was a good size with a lounger, club chair and ottoman in brown PVC faux wicker.

Thanks for the info - much appreciated! :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had 7463. Yours will be a tiny, tiny bit larger, only because of the curve of the ship. It seemed comparable to other Aft balconies we've had, the balcony itself, was a good size with a lounger, club chair and ottoman in brown PVC faux wicker.

Awesome, thanks!

We have 7465 next month. Just wondering, How was the storage in your cabin? I read a review on CC somewhere that the storage on Vista was lacking.

We have 7465 next month. Just wondering, How was the storage in your cabin? I read a review on CC somewhere that the storage on Vista was lacking.

We had a standard balcony this summer. The drawers have been moved from the desk to one of the three closets so now you have 2 1/2 if you are in a balcony. Interior only have 2 to start with.

We were fine for ten days with just the two of us but I would hate to share that smaller space with four people.

We were on the Vista TA and had 7461. I was very disappointed because there were only 2 closets compared to 3 for every one else on the aft. Also no couch but we had a coffee table crammed between the bed and the window. It was useless. The reason for disappointment was that Carnival moved us from our original cabin on the back because it was changed to handicap after I booked on the first day the bookings opened up. I was assured by Carnival that the cabin was exactly the same. I fell for that until I checked out the one next door and I was very upset to say the least. I was basically told it was my fault. I should have checked out more ahead of time. But, I wouldn't pay the price increase for the "Havana". It just doesn't seem worth the extra money. We were upgraded because of the changing to our aft deck to Havana.

Can you tell me what breakfast options they had?

We have 2 Havana Cabana cabins (5238/5240) on the upcoming 12-17-16 cruise.

I booked those cabins 554 days ago. At that time I felt the rate was fair for what the photo's showed what the cabins would be and the perks that where going to come with it. Over that time I have watched our cruise week and others for that class of cabin incresse exponentially to that point that the last cabin I saw available for our a Havana Cabana category was over a 100% increase of the rate we locked into.

I think Carnival surprisingly underestimated the popularity of all these Havana cabins to the point that they added/changed cabin categories to the Havana class and it immediately allowed them to raise the rates on all these new class of cabins (these are the higher deck, aft cabins) about a full year ago.

Are these cabins worth it?! It is probably a personal opinion but the initial supply verses demand indicates yes.

Can you tell me what breakfast options they had?

The only thing I remember from the Havana breakfast is empanadas and great coffee. There isn't a menu, at the bar they have a display case to choose from. The Cuban sandwiches at lunch were delish.

I've never added photos here, I hope this works. This is the closet space in 7463, it was plenty for us. We bring our own hangers and always overpack. There are also the 2 big drawers under the couch. Life jackets are now under the bed, not in the closet.

3c624a123b9c00a41ae3d6af2a25d04c.jpg00270118edffcad55aef6e4ad0b631b6.jpge8f34756b9ad6992c92604014215ff4b.jpg

Mary - your information and pictures are very helpful! Any chance you have pictures of your balcony?

I'm planning ahead for when Horizon itineraries are released. And as much as I'd love to book a Havana cabana, I fear my husband would hate the loss of privacy. I'm now wondering if one of the aft Havana balconies on 6/7 would ensure both of us are happy. :)

Mary - your information and pictures are very helpful! Any chance you have pictures of your balcony?

I'm planning ahead for when Horizon itineraries are released. And as much as I'd love to book a Havana cabana, I fear my husband would hate the loss of privacy. I'm now wondering if one of the aft Havana balconies on 6/7 would ensure both of us are happy. :)

The Balcony is much deeper than a regular Balcony and unless you are standing next to the railing there is no lack of privacy. This photo is looking down at a deck 6 Aft Balcony, really leaning over. If you are seated, people can't look up and see you from the Havana deck unless you are right near the glass. Note: these are not cabana cabins, just classified as Havana. The cabanas on deck 5 theoretically could have privacy concerns, but I heard no complaints from anyone lucky enough to score one.

I know we can't reference groups in other social medial platforms but I have many photos posted on the Carnival Vista group page whose icon is a blue F. Search 7463 to find it.

c9644b9c9769d9ba29fdaef42857673e.jpg