Crib for children over 2yrs old

JJcruising10

We are cruising on Conquest in March and I called to add a crib to our reservation and the woman told me that she tried but she kept getting an error advising cribs could only be reserved for children under 2yrs old. My toddler will be turning 2 the day we embark.

Has anyone experienced this? Were you able to ask your room steward onboard for a crib?

Thank you!

My daughter turns 2 two weeks before we cruise, so I've been through this too. I know the answer! The reason she is getting an error is because their system only allows pre-requesting a crib for children UNDER 2. Multiple agents have assured me that if you ask your room steward the first day, there will be plenty of cribs available for your child.

We ended up moving her to a toddler bed a few months ago, in part because we were worried that there wouldn't be a crib available.

EDIT: they even went to some higher level supervisors to hunt down a way to ensure that we could have a crib and still couldn't do it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by gannk

Thanks! That's a silly glitch in the system. We'll be traveling our 26 month old and just figured we'd use a crib. I never thought it would be an issue.

We're driving. Would it be easier to just bring our pack n play?

Edited by Xerxella

Thanks! That's a silly glitch in the system. We'll be traveling our 26 month old and just figured we'd use a crib. I never thought it would be an issue.

We're driving. Would it be easier to just bring our pack n play?

I think it depends on how nervous you are. If you trust that they can get you the crib, then it will certainly be easier to get one on board and save yourself the trouble. If you are like me and a compulsive list maker and stressed traveller then you might want to bring one with you, just to be sure it is there. I half way don't want to deal with the extra bag.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There is a way to do it. If you have a PVP they can contact IT department. IT changes the birthday by one year and the PVP reserves the crib. IT then returns the birthday to the original date. The reserved crib remains on the booking. Problem solved.

Just ask...if they have one, you'll get it. If they don't, she can sleep on whatever bedding there is in the cabin.. If all you have is a bunk...put the mattress on the floor and tell her it's "adventure sleeping"...kids' LOVE stuff like that!

We were on the conquest along with my parents and they kept our daughter a few nights in their room. They asked for a crib from the room steward and got one, there wasn't even a child attached to their reservation.