Antartica Lunch MDR

kej1

When we went to the Antarctic (same cruise as the Waldo family ) ....

Seabourn Sq. and the Observation Lounge were very popular. The deck behind Seabourn Sq,. always had people on it as did the top deck above the Observation. Despite the weather, there were always people outside because the scenery was spectacular.

The deck above the Observation was 'photography central'. That is where the professional photographer went and there were a lot of very keen photographers up there with him.

The deck behind Seabourn Sq. got a lot of people interested in ornithology and especially when we were heading south with seabirds flying in our wake. There were always a couple of expedition team members there to tell us what we were seeing.

Sometimes the Observation felt pretty full but never horribly so. There was always traffic from the seats to the outside deck so, at any one time, there were a good number of people outside.

Depending on orientation, quite a lot of people would also use their verandas for sightseeing.

Then, as Mrs. Waldo said, there were plenty of talks and lectures which took a good number of people into their venues.

Thank you. I am afraid I was having visions of as with the pool deck on warm climate sea days "chair hogs" coming in in the morning and staking out a spot with their stuff such that when others show up post breakfast the seats are all taken.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you. I am afraid I was having visions of as with the pool deck on warm climate sea days "chair hogs" coming in in the morning and staking out a spot with their stuff such that when others show up post breakfast the seats are all taken.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The best seats in the Observation tended to go early. But, again, it was not a major problem as people were coming and going from the deck all the time.

The best seats in the Observation tended to go early. But, again, it was not a major problem as people were coming and going from the deck all the time.

We often had some of those "best seats" but that was a reflection of being early risers. Currently 5.44am here and I've been up since 5. There was "flow" during the day as people came and went.

I only saw 1 or 2 people chair hog. The best seats were often obscured by the people on deck anyway :D

The only time we felt crowded on the Quest during the Antarctica trip was a couple times in the Grand Salon for briefings where it was standing room only. The expedition crew kept the briefings short so it wasn't a huge inconvenience. New Years Eve got a little crowded in the Grand Salon also but everyone had a great time. The observation bar felt full at times but most people were in and out enjoying the whales and scenery so seating was easy to find.

Edited by wire