Booked Seaside for Dec 2017

wickedhangover

Switching from Carnival, mainly because MSC gave us Black status but I can't imagine ever going back to Carnival again. We had actually booked a Princess 14 day but after reading reviews we decided to book the Seaview. We went from an obstructed view normal cabin to the grand suite on MSC and saved $200, I kind feel like the guy in the burger king commercial "someone's going to get fired" because this is really the best cruise deal I think we've ever gotten.

We booked a grand suite in the front, room 12003, without really knowing what to expect. I can't seem to find good renderings of the front of the ship. I'm wondering if anyone knows how the balconies work for the rooms in the front.

Sadly, I have an upcoming Carnival cruise in Feb and I'm looking forward to the Seaview in December way more.

Switching from Carnival, mainly because MSC gave us Black status but I can't imagine ever going back to Carnival again. We had actually booked a Princess 14 day but after reading reviews we decided to book the Seaview. We went from an obstructed view normal cabin to the grand suite on MSC and saved $200, I kind feel like the guy in the burger king commercial "someone's going to get fired" because this is really the best cruise deal I think we've ever gotten.

We booked a grand suite in the front, room 12003, without really knowing what to expect. I can't seem to find good renderings of the front of the ship. I'm wondering if anyone knows how the balconies work for the rooms in the front.

Sadly, I have an upcoming Carnival cruise in Feb and I'm looking forward to the Seaview in December way more.

If you paid less for GS vs a normal obstructed cabin that is indeed great. I have asked the same question about those cabins but have yet to get a clear good answer. Although someone on the Seaside Rendering thread thought that the balcony will be on the side and the fron will have one or two windows. With the scaffolding all over the front of the ship it's hard to get a clear view. It does appear that only the center GS cabins have a forward facing balcony.

See some of the photos from MSC Fans - http://www.mscfans.it/classe-seaside/msc-seaside-work-in-progress/

Edit - Also follow the discussion here.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2225747&page=32

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Very cool, thank you for the links. I was thinking it would be a side balcony, not really sure I would want one in the front anyway. I forget who added those and the review said the doors were locked while the ship was moving.

Would be cool if it wrapped around. I was trying to picture what a 118 square foot balcony's dimensions would be.

Very cool, thank you for the links. I was thinking it would be a side balcony, not really sure I would want one in the front anyway. I forget who added those and the review said the doors were locked while the ship was moving.

Would be cool if it wrapped around. I was trying to picture what a 118 square foot balcony's dimensions would be.

Yes indeed, it would be really cool if it did wrapped around. Like you we are on the same deck and on the opposite side in 12002. My only concern is the big support beam coming from the bottom of the bridge and onto deck 12. From the photos I have seen (mostly port side), the support beam seems to be right in front of the cabin before 12003, i.e. 12005 or 12007.

Great deal, enjoy.

The question in my mind for the December 2017 bookings on Seaside is if the ship will be complete for the first sailings.

It seems like Fincatieri is pretty good about finishing the ships on time. My concern came when Harmony of the Seas really wasn't finished for the first few sailinings, but it came out of STX France.

I will be following the Meraviglia very closely to see if it is done on time.