Seabourn takes delivery of Encore

cruisr

I can't wait for my cruise. I'm back with Seabourn after a bit away due to itineraries. Unfortunately I found so many issues with where I went I have run back here. Seabourn has always been my favorite though.

Here is a great article about the new Encore. I apologize as it also has some other articles non Cruise Line related.

http://www.travelagentcentral.com/cruises/wednesday-briefing-seabourn-encore-delivered-lufthansa-makes-strike-offer?mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTmpSalpUTmpNMlJrTkRkaCIsInQiOiJVSEd5QXVUdTREZTM1QU1KblhFK2ZxMVlWclRaM3dIM1NXNXYxdlpHeElcL05IUkp5cjFNT0h6Q0E5RHQ5U2QrVFwvZjdVenVoMjZCUDQ1dGpVRzlMVmcrZVVuaGhUbDlFclF5Yk50ZVhQRllNPSJ9&mrkid=2275545&utm_medium=nl&utm_source=internal

I can't wait for my cruise. I'm back with Seabourn after a bit away due to itineraries. Unfortunately I found so many issues with where I went I have run back here. Seabourn has always been my favorite though.

Here is a great article about the new Encore. I apologize as it also has some other articles non Cruise Line related.

http://www.travelagentcentral.com/cruises/wednesday-briefing-seabourn-encore-delivered-lufthansa-makes-strike-offer?mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTmpSalpUTmpNMlJrTkRkaCIsInQiOiJVSEd5QXVUdTREZTM1QU1KblhFK2ZxMVlWclRaM3dIM1NXNXYxdlpHeElcL05IUkp5cjFNT0h6Q0E5RHQ5U2QrVFwvZjdVenVoMjZCUDQ1dGpVRzlMVmcrZVVuaGhUbDlFclF5Yk50ZVhQRllNPSJ9&mrkid=2275545&utm_medium=nl&utm_source=internal

How exciting as we will be sailing her in 2017 and the the new Ovation in 2018 when the schedules come out we are booking. Seabourn seems to be setting the bar for other luxury lines.

We look forward to the reviews and comments on the new Encore.

Looking forward to hearing opinions from those on board Encore in the next few weeks.

However, I am personally a bit wary about reports from Agents, or passengers who have been given what I believe are known as 'comps', if any. There was a bit of aggro over on the Regent board about journalists (from the UK 'quality' papers) who made some rather snidey comments on their new ship, and also about passengers who gave glowing reports without admitting that they were on a freebie. I hope that this sort of thing will not happen with Encore.

Looking forward to hearing opinions from those on board Encore in the next few weeks.

However, I am personally a bit wary about reports from Agents, or passengers who have been given what I believe are known as 'comps', if any. There was a bit of aggro over on the Regent board about journalists (from the UK 'quality' papers) who made some rather snidey comments on their new ship, and also about passengers who gave glowing reports without admitting that they were on a freebie. I hope that this sort of thing will not happen with Encore.

Although my TA would have loved it, he was not "comped". He paid full fare as a solo.

Although my TA would have loved it, he was not "comped". He paid full fare as a solo.

Full fare? I thought travel agents, just like airline and cruise line agents, get interline discounts. Perhaps interline pricing was not available on this itinerary?

I am pleased to hear that, Dan. All the aggro about the Regent Explorer left a nasty taste, so I am really hoping that all the reports on Encore will feel genuine. I suspect that they will, as the Seabourn ethos is a bit different from that of Regent.:)

We will be boarding on Sunday, camera gear at the ready and loads of time to have a play.

We have paid cold hard cash to be on board, lowest grade of balcony suite. We weren't offered any paid upgrades at all this time unlike last Christmas Singapore - Hong Kong when we paid for an upgrade to a Penthouse suite.

Emily (now 16) joins us in Dubai so a small "junior cruiser" contingent. A couple of Seabourn friends from former cruises will also be on board with her.

I hope I'm fairly well balanced in my reporting but I make no apologies for trying to paint a positive picture with my camera. Things would have to be pretty dire for it to show through on video. Search HenryGT3 on youtube for previous Seabourn videos.

Ultimately I think we are fairly low maintenance cargo who roll with the punches but with 3 cruises on Sojourn under our belts we know how things should be.

Experiencing TK meals for the first time having read all the hype. Interestingly as a British diner I had never heard of the chap until reading about him on here. I am familiar with the Roux family, Raymond Blanc and a handful of Michelin restaurants where we have enjoyed good cooking. I love Sushi so am looking forward to experiencing that on board.

I will try to get something online before the cruise is out internet permitting.

Henry :)

Is that Kit?? If so give him our love!!! Years since we saw him and you!!!

Yes Kit!!

To answer sfvoyage question, no discount for TA's were available on this voyage. He first was offered a comp as a host, but not enough clients booked, so he bit the bullet and paid.

Full fare? I thought travel agents, just like airline and cruise line agents, get interline discounts. Perhaps interline pricing was not available on this itinerary?

Having been a TA and in the airline business for 26 years I can tell you interline rates are usually not available on maiden or inaugural cruises. You may have some top sellers of the product on board but they are heavy hitters in sales.

Edited by Suite Travels

To answer sfvoyage question, no discount for TA's were available on this voyage. He first was offered a comp as a host, but not enough clients booked, so he bit the bullet and paid.

Having been a TA and in the airline business for 26 years I can tell you interline rates are usually not available on maiden or inaugural cruises. You may have some top sellers of the product on board but they are heavy hitters in sales.

Thanks, that explains it. I don't know that much about interline rates; a friend who's a retired flight attendant told me about the fabulous discounted fares that are available to her for frequent cruises around the world. She's doing a World Cruise on HAL next, lucky her!

Well I did not know about cruise discounts for ex-airline employees, but having spoken to two (one Delta, one BA) recently, they did say that of course they can have free flights, but there is a risk of not going on the day you want, so you have to allow a day or two before a cruise to be sure of getting to the port on time. Which means paying for a hotel room of course. But cruise reductions as well - that is an extra bonus if you are prepared to take ROH.

Having said all that - very Bon Voyage to those sailing on one of the maiden cruises from Athens or Dubai. Wish I was there! Looking forward to some unbiased reporting from a few people.

We never fly standby for a cruise. We do get unlimited positive space passes for a 20% discount on any class of cabin on American Airlines. If we have all the time in the world to travel and are flexible we will use our free passes but rarely ever do as we have so many miles from AMEX.