Looking at MSC.......

SPacificbound

I have been "intending to" fill out the matching status form for MSC and finally got around to getting it done.

If you also have cruised with Celebrity and/or Royal Caribbean how would you compare them to MSC?

TIA

Yet to travel with MSC but we have a cruise on their Sinfonia coming up in May 2017. As Diamond members with RCL and Elite with Celebrity we have obtained the status match to MSC Black. However IMHO the offerings for this status with MSC are slim compared to the other two cruise lines.

Not that you shouldn't status match, but if you plan on booking YC, the benefits from the Voyagers club is pretty much nil except for the 5% discount, as most other benefits are already included with the experience.

FYI, if you or anyone you're cruising with in a veteran or have worked in civil services, you get a 10% discount, thought they cannot be combined.

Also, it's worth looking into the special discounted cruises (5%+5% and some 5%+15%) cruises listed under Voyager Club to see if you'd like to sail any of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI, if you or anyone you're cruising with in a veteran or have worked in civil services, you get a 10% discount, thought they cannot be combined.

Do tell! My dad had 34 years in the Navy, and will be traveling with us next summer? How do we get this 10% discount??

I have been "intending to" fill out the matching status form for MSC and finally got around to getting it done.

If you also have cruised with Celebrity and/or Royal Caribbean how would you compare them to MSC?

TIA

I read in the "new cruisers" thread that the status match applies to other frequent traveller programs not just cruises. I'm Elite with Air Canada and Platinum Elite with IHG (Holiday Inn / Intercontinental). I've applied for status matching. Waiting to see what they say!

Cheers!

HTP

:cool:

Thanks for the info! :)

I filled out the online form last night and this morning had an email with my

MSC Voyagers Club Black number.

To satisfy the "proof" of status I took a screen shot of my Crown & Anchor info,

saved it on a word document and electronic attached that to the form.

We also booked a cruise on Seaside for 1/2018. We usually do RCCL or X so we sent them copies of our latest Seapass cards and they gave us Black status.We also booked a cruise on the Oasis right after Seaside. We have not been on any large class ships so this will be interesting to compare the two.Can't wait!!!:D:D:D

Thanks goldenbonny and lakelorain, I'll let him know. Ten percent off their YC room is not insignificant!

ETA, actually, I read this as "retired from the military" but I had 9 yrs myself. I can send them my paperwork as well. Sweet!

Edited by ljandgb