ms MOZART, or Select Explorer info plz..

flcruiselovers

I have come across 2 river cruise deals on the ms Mozart and other on the

Select Explorer.. and can't find much information on either one or the cruise line.

Both have no excursions, alcohol, or tips included.

Anyone with info on these Danube River cruisers, please advise! Thanks.

The MS Mozart used to belong to Reederei Deilmann and is an older vessel. She is apparantly now owned by Premicon. She was completely refurbished in 2010. She travels as a - for German standards - high end classic luxurious vessel for a German tour operator.

I reckon she has been chartered by a company offering the cruises onboard the vessel to the North American market. The write-up and the reviews for the vessel when travelling for a German company are very good.

Have a look around on youtube.

The MS select explorer is sailing under Dutch flag but appears to be chartered by German companies. Reviews for the ship are also very good.

Again, you might find the ship on youtube.

I cannot link my searches as that would breach the cruise critic rules.

notamermaid

The MS Mozart started out for the Danube Steamboat Company in 1987 and then moved on to Deilmann in 1993. After the river cruise part of Deilmann declared bankruptcy in 2009 Premicon (the owner) renovated the ship and added French balconies. It´s been operated for TransOcean and TUI River Cruises as TUI Mozart until the end of 2011. Since then it´s offered by DERtour as DERTOUR Mozart. Just recently Phoenix Reisen announced that they will operate the MS Mozart in September and October 2015. So all companies she´s been to are German river cruise companies.

The MS Mozart is the widest river cruise ship on the Danube river with almost 23 m width (regular sizes is 11.40 m) and a length of 120.44 m. She can only operated out of Passau going South to Budapest (she doesn´t fit through the locks on the German part of the Danube river). She was the first river cruise ship offering spacious cabins with 20 sqm and suites with 40 sqm.

I had the pleasure to cruise on this ship back in 2006. This was actually my shortest river cruise as it only lasted for 23 hour including a stop in Dürnstein. After that we got caught by high water in Vienna and couldn´t move on.

steamboats