.......idle jottings

ho-hum

Hello Ho Hum. What a fabulous itinerary, lucky lucky Blondie. I just love the Adriatic, one of my favourite itineraries, although I've done it to death. I was in Dubrovnik last Thursday and although they said onboard it was 32 degrees it was actually 39 degrees. Thought I was about to melt coming from the cold Emerald Isle. At least I havent had my face altered like some others onboard have. Their faces were definitely melting!! Quite funny actually watching them dissolve in the heat!!

Hope you ordered a very tasty delivery meal and enjoyed a great bottle of vino to accompany it and I'm sure you're missing Blondie.

Not sure how Fulham did but what about the Chelsea result. Bet you're pleased with that. :):)

For some peculiar reason Poppy, it is impossible to work the "Quote" button when a post is at the start of a new page.

Fulham have been doing quite well but 'folded" when playing anyone half decent.

Well Blondie has reported about the heat too and saying what a great fun, crowd is onboard.

She and her chum were eating with a very charming and funny, beautiful and very smart lady officer at dinner last night.

You have missed the "Kids kerfuffle" here but now it seems the "good ol boys" have chilled (for now):

Hum thinks it's a hormonal thing.

There are no kids on Blondie's voyage. Bet they're oddly disappointed about that.

She is obviously having a great time as she has been very sparse in her reporting.

Oh and Hum does'nt "crowd her"......it's her chance to be free from the ol codger.

Hum has made contact with two old crew from SD today which he has been meaning to do for years. So Hum is chuffed about that.

One of them lives in Mayo, Ireland and the other is moving back to one of the isles on the west coast of Scotland.

By Hum's judgement, you are possibly at the mid-point between the two of them in a straight line.

Must be something like "lay lines".

They are great guys and even though they are no longer on SD, their friendship remains, as it has done with quite a few others.

Hum had a "Covent Garden" soup yesterday and a dried out old ciabatta roll that was found at the back of the packed out freezer.

A common bottle of Spanish red wine was consumed. It tasted much better at the wine shop than at chez Hum.

And that my darling was it !

Suppose you are a little happy to be back to cooler and wet weather ?

Did you enjoy your voyage ?

An inside confidential source has hinted heavily that SD will be announcing important developments tomorrow night !!!

Cuba. Hum's guessing.

What do you think ?

No not about kids.....please.

Commodore Suites renamed "His Excellency the Emperor HH Suite" and all prices doubled to keep trouble makers on dry land.

An inside confidential source has hinted heavily that SD will be announcing important developments tomorrow night !!!

Cuba. Hum's guessing.

What do you think ?

Oh gawd...not a climbing wall. I have enough trouble with the stairs up to the TOYB as the day wears on, let alone bracing oneself for the nocturnal wobbly ascent.

Oh gawd...not a climbing wall. I have enough trouble with the stairs up to the TOYB as the day wears on, let alone bracing oneself for the nocturnal wobbly ascent.

Hahaha

But think of the reward that awaits your heroic climb of the "North face" to the summit !

Drinks all round.

Nay Hum's problem is the damn cabin spinning ....... Hum has called "Maintenance" 100s of time but can they rectify this fault ?

Fiddlesticks, of course they can't.

But Hum opens the mini-baaah and they go away happy.

Climbing wall ehh is that your best shot ?

A tad disappointed.

Try again old chap.....have a suitable lubricant.

Hum swears by this method.

Edited by ho-hum

Cuba. Hum's guessing.

What do you think ?

I hope it is Cuba. I was disappointed when the winter 2017 itineraries came out and Cuba wasn't included. Just yesterday we received a brochure from Tauck about a 7 day Cuba trip. But I want to go with SD. And I want to go before it all changes; so hurry up, SD.

I hope it is Cuba. I was disappointed when the winter 2017 itineraries came out and Cuba wasn't included. Just yesterday we received a brochure from Tauck about a 7 day Cuba trip. But I want to go with SD. And I want to go before it all changes; so hurry up, SD.

Hum can only offer you odds of 5/4 on that bet.

Hum will need consent of BOTH parents in wiriting before laying your bet.

But to be fair...it aint that !

Try again Z darling.

Cuba. Hum's guessing.

What do you think ?

I had emailed a SD higher up a couple of weeks ago asking about Cuba cruises and got the big stonewall. That is certainly something to get excited about. I wonder if they could sail r/t Miami or San Juan or would they still need to sail from Jamaica like some existing "cultural" cruises do?

James has posted an hour ago that he has left SD.

SD is 14 years old today and James was around at the very start.

Hum is sure we all wish him well for the future.

His contribution has been immense.

He has worked tirelessly for the company.

He has been loved by guests.

He has been an inspiration and support for crew.

We will ALL miss him.

James has posted an hour ago that he has left SD.

SD is 14 years old today and James was around at the very start.

Hum is sure we all wish him well for the future.

His contribution has been immense.

He has worked tirelessly for the company.

He has been loved by guests.

He has been an inspiration and support for crew.

We will ALL miss him.

Sorry to hear that. James was the very first person we met on our first SeaDream cruise. A true professional. We will miss him and hope the very best for him.

Sorry to hear that. James was the very first person we met on our first SeaDream cruise. A true professional. We will miss him and hope the very best for him.

Jimbo, Hum is stunned......it's truly an end of an era.

Hell, Hum's gonna miss him.

Hum now thinks he knows what the announcement will be.......James's replacement.

And Hum has two candidates in mind.

But Hum is being dis-respectful......it's James, Hum is really thinking about.

Hell, he and his family, have had a real tough time with his health.

We all wish him the best of future health and more time with his lovely family.

Back to the essentials.

Haven't been here in ages but felt the need to be with my SD friends/family after reading James' announcement on FB. The photos of the early days brought a smile to this SeaDreamers face.

Add us to the list of folks who wish him well and who will miss him a great deal!

Jimbo, Hum is stunned......it's truly an end of an era.

Hell, Hum's gonna miss him.

Hum now thinks he knows what the announcement will be.......James's replacement.

And Hum has two candidates in mind.

But Hum is being dis-respectful......it's James, Hum is really thinking about.

Hell, he and his family, have had a real tough time with his health.

We all wish him the best of future health and more time with his lovely family.

Back to the essentials.

Agree with you 100 percent that it is an end of an era.

We wish him and his beautiful family all the best.

Agree with you 100 percent that it is an end of an era.

We wish him and his beautiful family all the best.

Well it's wonderful to hear from you darling.

James has uploaded loads of fascinating photos of the early days of SD.

Here he is in one of them.

image.jpg1_zps93elz3lf.jpg

Ruddy handsome devil, ain't he !

Edited by ho-hum

Hi DJ. Long time, no see.:eek: Miss your input on all things SD. We need you to chime in and keep Ho-Hum in line a bit.:D

Glad to see that while I was gone I wasn't forgotten Jim:cool:

DJ's DH and I need to get a SD sailing on our calendar once we can see straight:rolleyes: It has been way too long!!!

We did sail on Caribbean Princess out of FLL in December and then in May I took my Mom on a Bermuda sailing out of Bayonne, NJ on Celebrity Summit.

Neither were even close to SD but I did like the Aqua Class we were in as we had our own restaurant and, most importantly, this class of cabins is for two people so that area of the ship was very quiet!

I had heard during a Caribbean voyage earlier this year on which Ho-Hum was not present (i.e. SD 1) that Oslo had been approved for a substantial line of credit. Perhaps....

Nice to make your acquaintance dear bermudabum.

Hmmmm......interesting.

Hum thinks you are on the right track dear chap......

Shall we wait for the actual announcement ?

Agreed.

Nice to make your acquaintance dear bermudabum.

Hmmmm......interesting.

Hum thinks you are on the right track dear chap......

Shall we wait for the actual announcement ?

Agreed.

I heard it is a merger with Disney and the emphasis will be on large families. Oh wait! Sorry, just a tequila hallucination.........

I heard it is a merger with Disney and the emphasis will be on large families. Oh wait! Sorry, just a tequila hallucination.........

Yes and they are looking for two schmucks, sorry professionals, to run the Kiddies entertaiment.

Naturally Hum put foward the names of Butch & Sundance.

"Keeping Hum in line" ehhh.....dont think you heard the last of that young man !

But Sundance will have to do so ething about his terrible mien.......don't have much opportunity to use that word round these here parts.

Mien, mien...mmmmm

Edited by ho-hum

Welcome back, DJ! We've missed you!

I, too, will be interested in a potential Cuba cruise, but still hope SD will do some more N Europe at some point. We've just about maxed out the Caribbean (although we will be there in Jan) and not much more of the Med to do. Some other ideas are British Isles, so may have to bite the bullet and try another line. :eek:

Looking forward (I hope!) to whatever announcement SD is going to make!

And saw the Commodore's post and all those wonderful pictures that bring back so many great memories. He will be profoundly missed, but hope that he is again enjoying good health and that this move will be good for him and his family. Hard to say goodbye, though :(

Vandrefalk