QM2 Q7 Closets ?

Early Retiree

We might end up in a handicapped Q7 on the QM2 and I saw an old video that said there were no closets in the handicapped Q7, which would be a problem for us. Does anyone know if the current (new) layouts in Q7 have closets? We would rather be in a regular Q7, but it seems from the deck plans they are all handicapped. We just booked a special price for next December and this was all they had at that very nice price, which is an upgrade from Princess Grill. The next available cabin is a Q5.

All Q7s on QM2 are handicap staterooms. Of the two online videos that I found neither showed the storage closets. In the refit there were no major changes to stateroom configurations. Existing closets just got new hardware. If you are booked for December of 2017 there is a good chance that by then somebody will need an accessible stateroom and you will be upgraded to a Q6.

If you don't get moved, you'll have to live with the "problem" of limited storage as a trade off in getting a good price. Discounts usually entail some sacrifice in amenities or choices. (Be warned that you'll get very little sympathy here as this board can be very rough on those who intentionally book HC rooms when they really don't need them.)

In general, it's not a good idea to book a stateroom one really doesn't want in the hope of getting a complimentary upgrade. Sometimes the upgrade fairy waves her wand. But most of the time you get exactly what you paid for.

Edited by BlueRiband

Thanks. I did not even know this was a handicapped room until after I booked the offer. The offer as it is shown online is not clear that the upgrade from Princess to Queen puts us in a handicapped room, and I would not have booked it if I had known that. After we booked I found out that all Q7 cabins are handicapped. I will probably just cancel this booking and rebook a regular Q6 or Q5 since I like to know what we would get.

Q6 and Q7s are usually the same price. You might see if you can be moved to a Q6, and I think it is likely you will eventually be moved to a Q5, because there are lots more of them. Good luck. The regular Q5,6 (same cabin, just different locations) have a dressing room, and plenty of storage for bags as well.

Edited by Bigmike911

All

If you don't get moved, you'll have to live with the "problem" of limited storage as a trade off in getting a good price. Discounts usually entail some sacrifice in amenities or choices. (Be warned that you'll get very little sympathy here as this board can be very rough on those who intentionally book HC rooms when they really don't need them.)

In general, it's not a good idea to book a stateroom one really doesn't want in the hope of getting a complimentary upgrade. Sometimes the upgrade fairy waves her wand. But most of the time you get exactly what you paid for.

So wholeheartedly agree with you about booking what you want, or just accept your discount allocation!

In all our cruises we have never been upgraded; I do not think that special fairy knows we exist😥. Anyway, just looking forward to boarding and being in the Princess Grill this time next week. Love the Grills especially around Christmas time.🎄