2017: New Ships

FIFE1

No changes ship wise I believe for summer 2017. Will be Majesty and Spirit's last season with both contracts ending in November 2017 (perhaps they might extend Majesty's for the winter so they can do all winter destinations?).

For summer 2017, Discovery and Majesty are going from Palma, Dream from Corfu and Spirit is moving to Dubrovnik doing 4 similar itineraries as the current Dubrovnik itineraries. I'm guessing they've put Spirit in Dubrovnik to put it on popular itineraries for its last season.

Don't know about Celebration, whether it will do a swap with Spirit and go from Malaga. Depends how much of a success the Malaga cruises are doing - they do seem a lot cheaper though than the other itineraries.

For those who want ex-UK to return, doubt 2017 will be the year for it.

TUI are due to release their full 2017/18 schedule over the next couple of weeks. Should be able to then work out when the Mein Schiff's will start making their way to Thomson. Could even have MS1 by winter 2017?

I think the original plan was to have one in 2018, and the other in 2019, but then Thomson will have 2018 with a four ship fleet instead of five.

Thanks Sailaway I wonder if they will keep Dubrovnik adults only, would love to go back to Rovinj (but we have a little girl) so can't do the cruises from Dubrovnik. Yes will be interesting re Malaga, if they are having to discount them.

• 3 weeks later...

Just read it's been confirmed Spirit and Majesty will both leave the fleet at the end of Oct 2017, and MS1 will join in summer 2018, and MS2 in 2019.

So, for winter 2017/18 they will have a three ship fleet. So which homeport will go: Barbados, Montego Bay, Canary Islands or Dubai?

I'd expect it to be either Dubai or Montego Bay, depending on how well the Dubai cruises do next year.

Then for summer 2018 they will again be one ship down. Probably Malaga cruises will be dropped then.

As someone who has always loved the itineraries that Thomson do but not liked the ships, what does this mean in relation to the ships that will be joining the fleet for someone who has never done Thomson before? (That's a long sentence!!)

We would be really interested in Thomson Cruises if there was a decent ship for adults ....... please don't flame me as I know that some of you love the ships that you sail on - it is just our opinion.

You've always been kind to us on here before so I look forward to your replies and help

Just read it's been confirmed Spirit and Majesty will both leave the fleet at the end of Oct 2017, and MS1 will join in summer 2018, and MS2 in 2019.

So, for winter 2017/18 they will have a three ship fleet. So which homeport will go: Barbados, Montego Bay, Canary Islands or Dubai?

I'd expect it to be either Dubai or Montego Bay, depending on how well the Dubai cruises do next year.

Then for summer 2018 they will again be one ship down. Probably Malaga cruises will be dropped then.

Sadly it's looking like we will have to move on.

With fewer ships they won't be sailing from the UK.

The flights to the Caribbean from Newcastle have been cut right back.

Less ships in summer will see a return to their tried and tested routes.

Hopefully it will get more exciting again from 2020.

Sadly it's looking like we will have to move on.

With fewer ships they won't be sailing from the UK.

The flights to the Caribbean from Newcastle have been cut right back.

Less ships in summer will see a return to their tried and tested routes.

Hopefully it will get more exciting again from 2020.

Isn't 2020 the last year the celebration and dream. They may have plans in the pipeline for other ships by then

I hope this is good news what im now coming with :)

Thomson Celebration is now booked in Norway 2017.

33933 Brt 215 m long and 1264 passengers.

Booked :

Bergen : 07.06 - 14.06 - 12.07 - 09.08

North Cape : 20.06

I will be back with more as soon i know :)

I hope this is good news what im now coming with :)

Thomson Celebration is now booked in Norway 2017.

33933 Brt 215 m long and 1264 passengers.

Booked :

Bergen : 07.06 - 14.06 - 12.07 - 09.08

North Cape : 20.06

I will be back with more as soon i know :)

:D Just posted at the same time as you! Just found it also. Good news!! :)