Disney Wonder Stuck outside of Ensenada

goduckies05

I am currently sitting on the Wonder. We are just outside the port anchored with our propeller being looked at. Hopefully it is ok and we can make it to Cabo!

Oh, no! Hopefully, just a precaution. We're boarding in a couple of weeks, I want the ship to be there!

I am currently sitting on the Wonder. We are just outside the port anchored with our propeller being looked at. Hopefully it is ok and we can make it to Cabo!

I hope it is just a cursory inspection and you will soon be underway, but sending divers down isn't a good sign if it is for the two main props.

It could be something more simple that the bow thrusters have sucked in a discarded mooring line or debris and it needs to be cut off. That does happen from time to time.

Best wishes to you and all aboard goodukies05 and please keep us updated!

ex techie

Shmoo!

How on earth to you manage to monitor so many boards all at once and post on them all!

You reported this thread on the DIS almost immediately!

I imagine you must have some sort of computer set up like this! lol!

477054638_646c8be522.jpg

ex techie

On the basis that linking to Facebook on dis earns you a ban I'm not surprised everyone post their own version of stuff there. Dis admins are slowly killing the life out of it.

And isn't that ridiculous! Trying to pretend that other sites or boards do not exist is just foolish. I understand trying to keep traffic within your site, but handing out bans is dictatorial.

To be fair, a mod did say to Shmoo that she could insert the URL and see if it came up or was ****'d out without risk.

I'm not sure she would even attempt it though for whatever reasons she may have.

ex techie

And isn't that ridiculous! Trying to pretend that other sites or boards do not exist is just foolish. I understand trying to keep traffic within your site, but handing out bans is dictatorial.

To be fair, a mod did say to Shmoo that she could insert the URL and see if it came up or was ****'d out without risk.

I'm not sure she would even attempt it though for whatever reasons she may have.

ex techie

We don't ban for that, just delete. We ban for ignoring our request to stop.

This is a for-profit business. Cruisecritic is owned by Expedia.

It makes no business sense to allow customers to be lured to competing sites.

It's the same as handing out Toyota brochures at a Ford dealer.

Edited by Host Mick

We don't ban for that, just delete. We ban for ignoring our request to stop.

This is a for-profit business. Cruisecritic is owned by Expedia.

It makes no business sense to allow customers to be lured to competing sites.

It's the same as handing out Toyota brochures at a Ford dealer.

It is good to see that CC doesn't filter out links to the DIS and vice versa.

The two can exist side by side and do not have to compete for visitors as many visit both sites for different reasons and or to get more opinions.

Whilst a a Ford dealer wouldn't hand out Toyota brochures, they wouldn't ask you not to park your Toyota on their forecourt if you came in looking at buying a Ford would they?

ex techie

It is good to see that CC doesn't filter out links to the DIS and vice versa.

The two can exist side by side and do not have to compete for visitors as many visit both sites for different reasons and or to get more opinions.

Whilst a a Ford dealer wouldn't hand out Toyota brochures, they wouldn't ask you not to park your Toyota on their forecourt if you came in looking at buying a Ford would they?

ex techie

Try parking a Toyota in a Ford plant lot in Detroit and see what happens...

To Host Mick: Thanks for chiming in on things. I don't see this as much on other CC boards and appreciate your input. While I might look up an excursion on the other travel sites, CC is by far the best because of the usually polite positive info we get on cruising. Thanks again for what you folks do.

Try parking a Toyota in a Ford plant lot in Detroit and see what happens...

To Host Mick: Thanks for chiming in on things. I don't see this as much on other CC boards and appreciate your input. While I might look up an excursion on the other travel sites, CC is by far the best because of the usually polite positive info we get on cruising. Thanks again for what you folks do.

Loyalty to your employer and a brand is one thing. Damaging someone else's property is another. If you agree with the latter, then we have nothing more to say.

ex techie