PH2 11001 on Marina

Pet

Hi - Have just been allocated our guaranteed penthouse suite on Marina (No 11001) and was wondering if previous cruisers had any views on its desirability. My initial opinions are a bit mixed. On the plus side:

It is a upgrade from a PH3 (which makes little difference apart from location) and is relatively near the lounge and elevator's.

On the other hand:

It is the first stateroom in the corridor with the launderette directly outside (which may or may not cause a noise or traffic related issue) and is level with and a few meters from the bridge wing on the starboard side which presumably causes a slight view forward problem.

Not sure there is much I can do about it as I see there is a waiting list for cabins on this cruise next month, but forewarned as they say....

Many thanks

I commend you for your extraordinary knowledge of the layout of the ship!

You seem to be aware of all of the pitfalls except possibly for the overhang of the Pool Deck:

070851.jpg191612.jpg These photos illustrate both sides of the ship, but they show the extent of the overhang (technically a cantilever) quite well.

We were in 11005 on our last cruise on Marina in French Polynesia. Yes, the overhang from Deck 12 can obviously be a bit of a problem sometimes for photography but you can always go up to Deck 12 and higher if you are after panoramic shots.

I found the extra shade useful especially in the hot South Pacific sun.

The access to the laundry is from the corridor on the starboard side, opposite 11000 (unless it has been moved). There is also access to the bridge but this certainly causes no disruption!!

Enjoy and happy sailing!!

We spent 14 days in 11002 on Riviera. I don't remember any negatives from being in that location. I liked being close to the laundry. I really didn't notice any noise being that close to the laundry. You will occasionally see people coming or going from the laundry with their stuff, but it's really not a problem. It's still very convenient to the pool deck. We enjoyed it. Here's some pictures.

europe131518_zps3286ad5c.jpg

europe%2013%201519_zps44wwgp4n.jpg

europe%2013%201516_zpsrkg7lqxs.jpg

europe%2013%201515_zpsrbd7r32w.jpg

europe%2013%201514_zpso0rpfwyy.jpg

Being across from the laundry on the O ships is nothing like being across from the laundry on the Rs. O ships have laundromats on each deck, as I recall, so there is less competition for time, lining up in the halls, yakking away at 6:30 a.m., etc etc.

We were across from the laundry on Riviera, no problem. On our last Regatta - not so nice! Some blame the alumni groups on board, but you can have rude folks anywhere....

I would also think that just the layout of the suites provides "buffer space" so you cannot hear as much from the hallway.

Have a great cruise!

We were on Marina in this suite in 2011. Yes, there is an overhang, but it was no problem for us. The cruise was through the Panama Canal for 18 days. We got quite friendly with the captain as we would see him almost daily on his way to the bridge and quarters. The suite was very comfortable, but we did feel the wave action a bit being so far forward. Still, it was an enjoyable cruise.

• 1 month later...
We were in 11005 on our last cruise on Marina in French Polynesia. Yes, the overhang from Deck 12 can obviously be a bit of a problem sometimes for photography but you can always go up to Deck 12 and higher if you are after panoramic shots.

I found the extra shade useful especially in the hot South Pacific sun.

The access to the laundry is from the corridor on the starboard side, opposite 11000 (unless it has been moved). There is also access to the bridge but this certainly causes no disruption!!

Enjoy and happy sailing!!

I was hoping that there was access to the laundry from both sides of the room. It would have made access to our friends cabin much easier. We are in 11000 and they are in 11001. I assumed there was a door in each hall. Was that incorrect?

I was hoping that there was access to the laundry from both sides of the room. It would have made access to our friends cabin much easier. We are in 11000 and they are in 11001. I assumed there was a door in each hall. Was that incorrect?

Enter from one side only.