New Windstar "Star Perks" Promotion

kathy16

Am interested in booking a Caribbean cruise for Feb/Mar 2017 on the "Windstar" ship.

What is the best choice of promotion? What is a good cabin selection on the 1st deck?

Any downsides to the current promotion? Does Windstar usually have a Christmas promotion that may be more budget friendly? Any suggestion for Nice hotel in Barbados pre/post cruise?

Thanks,

Kathy

It looks like they increased their pricing for the promotion. Pricing was several hundred dollars lower before the promo. By comparison I paid $1799 for my San Juan cruise this coming March and received a $300 ship credit. Same cruise is now $2199 with the promo. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The promotion depends on your needs. I reserved our trip 5/17 the price went down, WS honored the new price, I reserved through AMEX Platinum and received a nice OBC. Our friends reserved with the new promotion with WS and received $ 400 Cabin OBC, they are not big drinkers, they do not need WIFI and they did not want the hotel in Venice because it is not in Venice it is in Mestre so the OBC was perfect. Figure out your needs and you will be happy. Both of us are alumni so we also received the 5% discount. WS will honor price reductions.

We love deck one if you are prone to sea sickness go for the middle, if not and price is important the lowest price cabins are fine with the exception the last cabins in the bow and the stern they have a slant so you lose a bit of space. We love the gentle rocking at night to sleep.

ACCRA Beach Hotel has a great beach, walk to nice restaurants lively area but beware facing the water in the right side of the building when we were there there was an abandoned building not nice, awful actually. However our friends were in the other side and it was lovely, nice pool. We like the Barbados Hilton great beach and pool, for one or two nights there is a nice restaurant down the street a 5 minute walk max very quiet area. Both short cab rides to the ship

Great cruise have fun..

I agree with Strenz that which is better depends on your needs. (Star Perks doesn't apply to us but the price of our stateroom was about $200 pp less in the in October sale.)

For someone who was going to get the premium beverage package, that seems like the best value because it costs $108 per stateroom per day so at over $700 for a 7 day cruise, it provides more than any of the other choices. But for those of us who wouldn't bought the package because we wouldn't drink enough to make it worthwhile, the choice is less clear.

For us the hotel doesn't seem convenient because it just pays for a night and we usually plan to stay 2 or 3 nights before the cruise. I think it would work out better for us to choose our own hotel in a convenient location for us and a good price for the whole stay.

On a less port intensive cruise, we might go with unlimited WiFi but we've usually done 7 or 8 day cruises with one sea day.

So even though we aren't big drinkers, I'd might choose the beverage package or go with the shipboard credit.