First time here-what to do for Mitsugirly

mitsugirly

:( Sorry to say, it was hot & humid and we were unable to make it to the Boatyard. Young & strong people, can do the walk in 15-20 minutes, on a cool day. I had to stop, to rest and drink water. We finally gave up and took the first entrance, onto the beach.

The beach was quiet and the jetski people saw us and asked if we wanted to rent. Our teenagers decided not to rent and they never bothered us, again. There were chairs to rent, at a nearby bar/food place. Except for the exhausting walk, we had a great beach day! :D

Yep the boatyard includes a boat ride out to the turtles with the $20 admission price. We just got home last week from our cruise and had a wonderful time there. The turtles were amazing

Glad you had a good visit - waiting for your always fabulous reviews. :)

Yep the boatyard includes a boat ride out to the turtles with the $20 admission price. We just got home last week from our cruise and had a wonderful time there. The turtles were amazing

Now I even feel worse, that we didn't take a taxi to Boatyard. :(

Glad you were able to do it and your Little Mermaid enjoyed it.

I was on the same cruise with you but was unable to walk all the way to the Boatyard. It was too hot & humid for me.

We went to the Boatyard in February and had a blast .. I wanted to go see the sea turtles but it was $15 to get in to the boatyard and another $20.00 to go on the boat to see the Sea Turtles which was too much for all four of us so we didn't go. So now you are saying that for $20.00 you get both ?

Also how did your daughter make out swimming with the sea turtles my kids are 5 and 8.

Thanks

We went to the Boatyard in February and had a blast .. I wanted to go see the sea turtles but it was $15 to get in to the boatyard and another $20.00 to go on the boat to see the Sea Turtles which was too much for all four of us so we didn't go. So now you are saying that for $20.00 you get both ?

Also how did your daughter make out swimming with the sea turtles my kids are 5 and 8.

Thanks

Yep, $20 gets you everything...including the boat ride out to the turtles. No extra cost now. :D

My daughter did great. They do have you wear life jackets (everyone), which she hated because they were the blow up snorkeling ones with the strap between the legs...which never feel good. I ended up at one point loosening her and deflating the jacket so she could actually swim. But then again, she's been swimming for about 5 years and is a pretty good swimmer to begin with.

I contacted the boatyard last month when I noticed the increase in price that appeared to include the turtle boat, this was the response:

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your email and yes, the entrance fee of US$20 for cruisers includes the boat ride to swim with the turtles. Please see all that is included below:-

For cruise passengers, we offer a beach package of *US$20 per person, children 3 – 6 years are *US$15. Children under 3 are free. We do not take any reservations and work on a first come, first serve basis for all our amenities, facilities and activities.

*Rates are subject to change

This package includes:-

A free Welcome drink,

A free lounge chair or day bed,

Shared umbrella *while stocks last*,

Free Wi-Fi,

Return taxi to your ship

Swim with the Turtles Boat Trip

Use of all our water toys (Rope Swing, Ocean Trampoline, Ice Berg & High Dive Platform)

As well as all our facilities:-

Washrooms,

Fresh water shows,

Changing rooms,

Sports TV,

Basket Ball net,

Volley Ball net,

Restaurant & Bar,

Souvenir Shop.

Recommend you come early to avoid disappointment and choose your spot on the beach. We are about an 8 mins drive or 20 min walk from the cruise port. We open at 9AM.

Please let us know if you have any other questions and we hope to see you at the Boatyard in December!

Please follow this link to Google maps for further directions -https://www.google.com/maps/search/The+Boatyard,+Bay+Street,+Bridgetown,+Saint+Michael,+Barbados/@13.1019452,-59.6168578,15z

Warm regards,

The Boatyard Team

To me the turtle boat is worth the price of admission as that was one of the things the kids really wanted to do.

Thanks so much for the info I am very happy about this !!! Did you see many turtles when you were there ? How long was the boat ride ?

Yep, $20 gets you everything...including the boat ride out to the turtles. No extra cost now. :D

My daughter did great. They do have you wear life jackets (everyone), which she hated because they were the blow up snorkeling ones with the strap between the legs...which never feel good. I ended up at one point loosening her and deflating the jacket so she could actually swim. But then again, she's been swimming for about 5 years and is a pretty good swimmer to begin with.

Thanks for your post I copied it and sent it to the group of us that are going in November I am sure they will be excited about this addition as well.

I contacted the boatyard last month when I noticed the increase in price that appeared to include the turtle boat, this was the response:

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your email and yes, the entrance fee of US$20 for cruisers includes the boat ride to swim with the turtles. Please see all that is included below:-

For cruise passengers, we offer a beach package of *US$20 per person, children 3 – 6 years are *US$15. Children under 3 are free. We do not take any reservations and work on a first come, first serve basis for all our amenities, facilities and activities.

*Rates are subject to change

This package includes:-

A free Welcome drink,

A free lounge chair or day bed,

Shared umbrella *while stocks last*,

Free Wi-Fi,

Return taxi to your ship

Swim with the Turtles Boat Trip

Use of all our water toys (Rope Swing, Ocean Trampoline, Ice Berg & High Dive Platform)

As well as all our facilities:-

Washrooms,

Fresh water shows,

Changing rooms,

Sports TV,

Basket Ball net,

Volley Ball net,

Restaurant & Bar,

Souvenir Shop.

Recommend you come early to avoid disappointment and choose your spot on the beach. We are about an 8 mins drive or 20 min walk from the cruise port. We open at 9AM.

Please let us know if you have any other questions and we hope to see you at the Boatyard in December!

Please follow this link to Google maps for further directions -https://www.google.com/maps/search/The+Boatyard,+Bay+Street,+Bridgetown,+Saint+Michael,+Barbados/@13.1019452,-59.6168578,15z

Warm regards,

The Boatyard Team

To me the turtle boat is worth the price of admission as that was one of the things the kids really wanted to do.

Thanks so much for the info I am very happy about this !!! Did you see many turtles when you were there ? How long was the boat ride ?

Yep, they were everywhere and it's maybe a 8-10 ride if that. It's just right down the beach area. Not far at all. I was trying to see if I could figure out which beach club it was because honestly, they were so close to the shore area that if you were at that beach, you could probably just swim out there.

I will tell you the last time we were at Boatyard they didn't offer the turtle boat excursion but the owner showed my husband and then 7 year old daughter where to go find the turtles.. So off they went they were so far out I couldn't even see them and it was such a helpless feeling because there was nothing I could do and they were gone for so long I sat on the beach yelling and yelling for them with no response. Finally I see my husband floating on his back and my daughter hanging onto his feet I honestly started crying these two older ladies came by and were like are you ok !! He said they didn't see but one turtle when they went out there I think the turtles come when they hear the boats because they know they are getting fed.

Yep, they were everywhere and it's maybe a 8-10 ride if that. It's just right down the beach area. Not far at all. I was trying to see if I could figure out which beach club it was because honestly, they were so close to the shore area that if you were at that beach, you could probably just swim out there.

I will tell you the last time we were at Boatyard they didn't offer the turtle boat excursion but the owner showed my husband and then 7 year old daughter where to go find the turtles.. So off they went they were so far out I couldn't even see them and it was such a helpless feeling because there was nothing I could do and they were gone for so long I sat on the beach yelling and yelling for them with no response. Finally I see my husband floating on his back and my daughter hanging onto his feet I honestly started crying these two older ladies came by and were like are you ok !! He said they didn't see but one turtle when they went out there I think the turtles come when they hear the boats because they know they are getting fed.

Oh my that sounds scary. Yea, the sound of the boats means feeding time. So without the boats there, I would never try to swim out and find them. The location they are at isn't right in front of the Boatyard though. It would be quite a swim, if it could be done at all. I mean I'm sure the turtles are out there everywhere, but in order to go where there's a lot (due to being fed), you wouldn't be able to swim there. It would be easier to walk down the beach and then out. It was out, around a corner and down a ways. If I was at the beach that was right in front of where the boats were, it would have been an easy swim from the shore. We were pretty close to the shore.

Yup we walked down the beach around the bend and then they went out down there.. Then my DH had the nerve to say do you want to go out as I was in tears ... Ugh NO!!! So I am very glad we can just take a boat all together now :)

Oh my that sounds scary. Yea, the sound of the boats means feeding time. So without the boats there, I would never try to swim out and find them. The location they are at isn't right in front of the Boatyard though. It would be quite a swim, if it could be done at all. I mean I'm sure the turtles are out there everywhere, but in order to go where there's a lot (due to being fed), you wouldn't be able to swim there. It would be easier to walk down the beach and then out. It was out, around a corner and down a ways. If I was at the beach that was right in front of where the boats were, it would have been an easy swim from the shore. We were pretty close to the shore.

• 3 weeks later...

We are back from our cruise and Barbados was AMAZING! The Boatyard was absolutely gorgeous and swimming with the turtles was included with the price. We couldn't have ask for a better day.

My full review in listed HERE with TONS of pictures from the day. I highly recommend going here.