On Board QM2 November 19th ?

canoncruiser

She left Southampton early evening on 19th travelled west hugging the coast and rode out the storm, turned east this morning and is now headed towards Zebrugge.

Headed towards Zebrugge? She's supposed to be headed towards NY?:confused:

She left Southampton early evening on 19th travelled west hugging the coast and rode out the storm, turned east this morning and is now headed towards Zebrugge.
"Headed towards ZEEBRUGGE" ??? :eek:

I back up Salacia's question above.

I hope the passengers know about the change of destination, they're expecting to arrive in New York :D .

Edited by pepperrn

According to Marine Traffic she's heading west at 17.7 knots, approx. 100 miles+ due west of the tip of Cornwall, destination New York.

Not sure where "turned east" came from/was found?

:confused::confused:

According to my Marine Traffic view this was her position 7 hours ago ... :confused:

I think there is confusion with QE which left at the same time. As us quite usual with Zeebrugge cruises it headed West for a day in the Channel before turning East to Zeebrugge
Ah, thank you Matelot60, that explains the confusion. Well spotted.

I see storm Angus is in full fury in the South of the UK. How’s QM2 handling the blow? It looks like she’s going to sail right through it. :eek:

Yes, we sailed right through it. I was aboard in a rear PG cabin on Deck 10. Never experienced anything like it before. Winds were 115 mph (100 knots as reported by Captain the next day) and I literally could not open my balcony door. A few genuinely frightening hours at its peak.

In retrospect QM2 handled it incredibly well. We didn't know, or at least those of us who hadn't bothered listening to weather reports prior, that we were heading into hurricane like conditions.

A trip to remember, for sure. Captain, prior to leaving Southampton spoke of expecting swells the following day, never mentioned a storm. Thus why many of us were confused and scared for a bit.

• 3 weeks later...
Ah, thank you Matelot60, that explains the confusion. Well spotted.

Yes, the Queen Elizabeth pulled out before us with the customary salutes sounding.

I'm glad I wasn't on the Elizabeth through Angus. I don't think she's got what QM2 has in taking on weather of that nature.

We had a cheap inside cabin on the west bound-we booked late and had to change cabins -we had a better one one the East bound(back to back trip)

Our cabin was on deck 6 -3 cabins the front and in storm Angus we rocked and rolled -nearly fell out of bed-bottles of water rolling all over toiletries on the floor and glasses of water next to bed also fell over and on floor.

Other than our cabin the ship was great and we videod some huge swells and waves and loved every darn minute-it took us back to our first cruise in 1961.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, the Queen Elizabeth pulled out before us with the customary salutes sounding.

I'm glad I wasn't on the Elizabeth through Angus. I don't think she's got what QM2 has in taking on weather of that nature.

I was on that cruise. There was movement but nothing like the transatlantic crossings I have done on QE2 and QM2. I the think QE avoided the worse. At night our balcony furniture was all over the place and the balcony divider kept opening and closing. Some of the shop stock fell off the shelves too. During the day I sat out on the balcony and by the pool as there was some sun between the rain.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Sent from my iPad using Forums