***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Lose Before You Cruise
A place for cruisers to share their stories of how to lose weight before a cruise. Virtual snacks allowed, but only in small quantities.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:25 PM.
Illinois
2,463 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
I forgot to mention that at WW, I stayed exactly the same as last week. I just can't seem to get past the 7 pound loss.

Sorry I wrote down the wrong date for your birthday, but good you got a discount and will get another one tonight.

I did get the grass cut but not taking it easy today, had a few yellow iris that a friend had given me so had to dig out some of those awful orange lilies for a spot to put them. Also dug up another bed to ready it for the snapdragons when I get them. Last year I bought a flat so will do that again this year. Looks pretty with all different colors.

I see a robin has made a nest over the porch light by the front door. Nice sheltered place for the birds but not good whenever you walk out the door. As soon as the babies are out I will knock it down so she doesn't come back again.

Enjoy your diner,
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,560 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, I know the feeling as I am the same as you with the weight loss/gain. But at least you stayed the same. I will find out my fate this evening.

Thank you for the birthday wishes. It was good getting the good discount on Saturday. We both had the Prime Rib.

Good that you got all of your grass cut. With this type of weather we are having the grass will be growing very quickly. I hope you do not get any skin infections like you have in the past. You have also gotten ticks as well, correct?

I see temps in the 70's this week and it looks like rain on Thursday and over the weekend.

Yes, it will be time to start planting for me as well. I think it is still a bit too cool at night to be planting anything for me just yet. I can tell you that the weeds have started growing all over the place. Can't stop them. I will have to start putting down mulch as well.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Adventure Of The Sea-1-28-2007-SJU-Caribbean 7 Days
Constellation-1-28-2008-FLL-Caribbean 11 Days
Journey-1/31-2009-MIA-Caribbean 12 Days
Solstice-4/20/2015-Hawaii-YVR 11 Days

"I'd Rather Be On A Ship With A Drink On The Rocks, Than In The Drink With A Ship On The Rocks."

What lies behind us and what lies before us
are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Illinois
2,463 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
So far no ticks, hope it stays that way! I went to the dentist and no cavaties (yay) and tgen went to that nursery I was telling you about. They did have the snapdragons so i bought a f lo at for $18.99. They are so pretty all different colors.They were outside so i asked since they had them out if it was safe to plant them now. She said yes go ahead and plant them.

My car brakes have been kinda funny, like bumpy when I press down so stopped at the dealership on the way home. Car needs new pads and rotors on the front so will go back tomorrow and get that done.

A friend from zumba asked if I wanted to come over for burgers tonight since her husband is out of town. I said sure, then she called about 5pm and said the propane tank was empty, did i mind just going out and get a burger. I said that would be fine with me also. So I went to her house, she drove into town, her gand daughter came too, she's in 5th grade. There are two restaurants right next to each other. One is casual one is fancy. She decided to go to the fancy one and treat me. We had an appetizer that was a thick slice of tomato, a leaf of lettuce on top of it and a slice of mozzarella on top of the lettuce. There was a baslmic dressing drizzled on them. Served with that was crusty bread with olive oil for dipping and parmesean cheese. Then salad and our entre. Dessert was turtle cheesecake. I wanted to pay something but she insisted she wanted to pay. It was very good and I brought enough home for two more nights. I had chicken parmigiano smothered with baked mozzarella. I think I really blew my diet tonight.

I recorded DWTS, was surprised who got let go tonight,
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,560 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, let's hope that you continue not to have any skin problems, like you have had in the past. Can you believe this weather today? Rain on its way starting on Thursday. So if you have anymore grass cutting, you might want to get it done, as I see a lot of rain coming our way.

Well like anything else, you have to make sure your car is taken care of so it runs correctly for you. At least you are taking it to a place where you can depend on them and relie on them as well.

Well then I may go out this weekend and buy some baskets and a few flats to plant.

That was nice of your friend to take you out for lunch. It really sounds like you had a very nice meal. I did not go to WW yesterday. I will wait until Wednesday to go. I was afraid of the outcome if I went last night.

Enjoy the weather,

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Adventure Of The Sea-1-28-2007-SJU-Caribbean 7 Days
Constellation-1-28-2008-FLL-Caribbean 11 Days
Journey-1/31-2009-MIA-Caribbean 12 Days
Solstice-4/20/2015-Hawaii-YVR 11 Days

"I'd Rather Be On A Ship With A Drink On The Rocks, Than In The Drink With A Ship On The Rocks."

What lies behind us and what lies before us
are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Illinois
2,463 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
I don't know why I get skin problems when I cut the grass, I wear long sleeves and pants to prevent it. This last time I did get a little red rash on one of my arms but it was gone after about a day. I know I have contact dermatitis but I'm really not in contact with anything.

I know how you feel about not going to WW, I have thought that myself but I go anyway and sometimes I am surprised its not as bad as I thought it would be.

My granddaughter sent me a message today that they were going with her mom and her mom's husband to an all inclusive resort in Cancun, did I want to go too? They were looking at leaving 7/9 for 4 days. That worked for me but then it turned out her hubby's schedule didn't work out until the next week, 7/13. Well that doesn't work for me because I have a bus trip scheduled to the Canadian Niagara Falls for a week starting the 17th. So I can't go with them. Kind of disappointed but what can you do. It's hard to coordinate everyone's schedule. It was nice she wanted to include me.

I got my snapdragons all planted today, since it's supposed to rain thought I better get them in the ground.

Going tomorrow to the Wisconsin Dells theater to see the Buddy Holly story and have lunch. It's another bus trip, that's about all I do is bus trips. Hope to get back in time to visit with the girls tomorrow night.

Had my brakes repaired this afternoon, another $348. Now they are telling me the ball joint and some kind of rod needs replacing soon at a cost of around $600. I might have to start looking for a car sooner than I thought. How do you like your Trax?

It was a beautiful day today!
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03