When are rooms available?

Buckeye fans

We are on the Spirit out of Venice and would like to board when it is likely that we can go straight to the room. We are staying in Venice the night before. Boarding time is 12 pm and sailaway is 11 pm. We have no perks - first time on NCL and in regular balcony room. What time do you think we might reasonably expect to be able to board and get our room?

Boarded the Spirit in Venice today. We arrived at the pier at about 1215pm. I would say it took until about 1pm until we were actually on board between checking in, security screening and queuing to handover passports and we were able to go straight to our room at this time.

On NCL, rooms are generally ready around 1pm. But they do not have a specific rule stating that. They will do an announcement when they are ready and it is based on how fast they got them turned around. But more times than not, I've been in my cabin between 1:00 and 1:30. Plenty of time to venture back into Venice (you'll need to find out when your muster/safety drill is and work around that).

We are on the Spirit out of Venice and would like to board when it is likely that we can go straight to the room. We are staying in Venice the night before. Boarding time is 12 pm and sailaway is 11 pm. We have no perks - first time on NCL and in regular balcony room. What time do you think we might reasonably expect to be able to board and get our room?

I believe they have a spot to store your luggage onboard in the event your room is not ready, if you are bringing your own luggage on and that's your concern.

I believe they have a spot to store your luggage onboard in the event your room is not ready, if you are bringing your own luggage on and that's your concern.

Thanks. It's things like our computer etc. - carry on luggage that I don't want to take back out with us that concerns me.

We sailed out of Venice last year. We got to the pier around 1100 and boarded around 1130. Our cabin wasn't available but we WERE permitted to drop our carry-ons there before proceeding to lunch in the restaurant.

Be advised, however, that your cabin door WILL be unlocked and wide open during the time before the announcement is made that cabins are ready. This is because the room stewards will still be moving in and out of the cabins, getting everything ready.

Have a great cruise!

Tom K.